A feature-packed, customizable reader extension.
With one click (or less!), you can remove distractions like:
- The page's styling
And read the article in a customizable, simplified format - like a read mode but better!
- Permanently save the Just Read version of pages
- Share the Just Read version of pages with others
- Link directly to a section of the page
- Highlight and annotate pages
- Use a custom scrollbar
- Auto-scroll the article
- Use text gradients to improve readability
- Apply domain-specific selectors
- Image lightboxing
- Improved search functionality within Just Read
- Use the default white and dark themes
- Modify your theme using a graphical editor or CSS
- Use a theme someone else has made (found at https://goo.gl/Z59SM4 )
- Use their very own custom styling
- Auto-run Just Read format on specific sites
- Auto-enable fullscreen when Just Read is started
- Use a keyboard shortcut to run Just Read
- Print the custom-styled version of the article
- Use the selection mode to choose exactly which text they want to select for reading
- Use the deletion mode to remove any unwanted content after selection
- Edit incorrect meta information generated
- Control which options Just Read uses
Just Read is a feature-packed and more customizable alternative to the now-defunct Clearly extension, working like a specialized reader view, and includes support for special needs like MathJax and right to left languages.
Just Read collects absolutely zero personal data from users and sends analytics to no one else. All data Just Read uses is connected to your personal Google account on which you have installed Just Read and the creators of Just Read never see any of it. For shared pages, a unique but anonymous string based on your Google account is used to verify identity, not anything related to your personal information.
Just Read is open source and can be found on GitHub here https://github.com/ZachSaucier/Just-Read
Please read the README in the GitHub link above for more details about Just Read!