This extension allows the user to log the work in Jira easily.
Visit the link below for more details:
## Current Features ##
* Bulk insert worklogs in Jira;
* Converts your task list from text format to a worklog format Jira understands;
* Log your time in Jira issues without the need to open Jira;
* Add, edit and delete worklogs directly from the Chrome Extension;
* Keep track of how many hours you already spent in the tasks;
* Supports SAML and Basic Authentication with Jira app token.
Logging your time in Jira doesn't need to be a pain anymore.
If you already keep track of your tasks in a TODO list from a text file, then all you need to do is to adapt your list items to the below intuitive format:
<Jira number> - <time spent> - <worklog details and comments>
You can separate the fields with comma, semi-colon, dash, or even a simple white space. See some examples below:
JIRA-123 - 1h 30m - working on stuff
JIRA-222 - 45m - developing that amazing feature in the website
DEV-456 2h 10m fixing bugs in my Pull Request
1m updating my worklog in Jira!
## Getting Started ##
Before using it, you need to do two things:
- Make sure you are logged in to your Jira instance in Chrome. The extension leverages the existing authentication cookie when it is present in the browser;
- Open the Options page and configure the Jira Hostname, which needs to point to the API services*. For example: https://jira.atlassian.com.
After that, click Test Connection to make sure the extension can reach Jira correctly. If so, click Save and you are good to go.
If by only providing the Jira Hostname the connection fails, you'll need to configure the Basic Authentication with your user and password. Also, depending on the authentication method of the Jira API, you'll also need to provide an app token. If that's the case, please consult your IT department to get one.
*The extension uses the Jira Hostname to build the URL and API calls to the Jira instance like this: https://jira.atlassian.com/rest/api/2/search.
For questions, issues and feature requests, please visit https://github.com/alfeugds/jiraworklogtool/issues
Contributions are welcome!