Jiffy is an extension that turns parts of YouTube videos into GIF images that you can then share with your friends, post on social…
Jiffy is an extension that turns parts of YouTube videos into GIF images that you can then share with your friends, post on social media, whatever you want. No longer do you need to go to separate sites or download complicated tools onto your computer. With Jiffy, all you need to do is navigate to the YouTube video that you want to make a GIF out of and Jiffy will be right below the video player.
1. Navigate to the YouTube video you want to make a GIF out of.
2. Look below the video player for the Jiffy toolbar.
3. Type in the time you want the GIF to start at in the box labelled "Start time".
4. Type in the time you want the GIF to stop at in the box labelled "End time".
5. Remember the GIF can be at most 15 seconds.
6. Press the "Make GIF" button.
7. Please wait up to one minute, a link to the GIF will show up in the text box below.
8. Copy and paste the link to wherever it needs to go. You're done!
If you enable the HTML5 YouTube player, you can simply press the "Start time" and "End time" buttons instead of typing in the times manually. The extension will automatically type in the current time on the YouTube player into the corresponding box.
Enable HTML5 Here: https://www.youtube.com/html5
Firefox and Greasemonkey support coming soon!