Save citable quotes and notes from the web into Google spreadsheets.
Save citable quotes and notes in Google spreadsheets.
Sick of manually tracking sources when collecting quotes? For students, researchers, and other professionals who do secondary research, Citable simplifies collecting quotes, notes and other data points along with the additional reference information needed to make a web citation.
Notes are saved in a spreadsheet in your Google Docs to enable collaboration with colleagues and rigorous analysis of the collected notes. To collaborate online, simply share the spreadsheet.
Collaborate using Post-its? Citable includes a printing template to simplify printing notes directly onto sticky notes for easy offline collaboration.
Citable is secure and suitable for work. All notes are securely transmitted only between the specified Google account and your computer. Citable maintains your privacy.
• Select some text before clicking Citable to quickly create a note.
• Citable automatically saves the page title, url, and date.
• Automatically saves the author of the current article on most news sites.
• Add tags to organize notes and accelerate analysis.
• Create new spreadsheets on the fly.
• Spreadsheets are stored in a Google Drive folder called Citable, but feel free to rename it.
• Collaborate simply by sharing documents and adding them to your Citable_Documents folder.
• Quickly open and view the selected spreadsheet.
• Print saved notes on sticky notes using Printable.
• Sort notes before printing.
• Export notes in popular formats including APA, MLA and Chicago. (beta)
• Export notes in bibtex format for Zotero or your favorite citation manager.
• Use shortcuts to save several notes quickly- while watching YouTube for instance.
command shift X
Navigate between controls.
Quickly save note from anywhere in Citable.
Compose several notes from the same URL.
Improved autocomplete tagging. Big fixes.
Bug fixes for printing notes and catching missing columns when saving note
Lots of bug fixes. Now uses structured data. Export in several formats. Print any columns.
Various bug fixes including a bug that prevents the docs from loading
The folder name is now arbitrary. Rename it to what ever you want.
This release updates Citable to take advantage of the latest Google APIs for enhanced performance, error handling, and security. Enjoy!