Monitor and test Internet connectivity. Detect when Internet doesn't work over operating Wi-Fi or Ethernet
• Precise connectivity test
• Detect when Internet doesn't work over operating Wi-Fi or Ethernet
• Play sound when connection goes online or offline
• Access and export events log
• Availability stats
• Retina-ready icon sets
• Light and dark themes support
NEW IN VERSION 3.5
• Configurable testing interval
• Latency measurement
• UI improvements
• Bug fixes
FAQ – extended version https://icm.dmishh.com/#faq
Q: Where is the extension icon?
A: A recent Chrome update changed how extensions are displayed. You need to click on the puzzle icon to the right of the address bar and then pin Internet Connection Monitor
Q: What exactly can be monitored?
A: The extension monitors the Internet connection and reports 3 statuses:
• Online: Wi-Fi/Ethernet connection is stable, Internet connected
• Connection issues: Wi-Fi/Ethernet connection is stable, no Internet - most likely, ISP issue
• Offline: Wi-Fi/Ethernet is down, no Internet
Q: How does the extension test the connectivity?
A: The extension uses a combination of Chrome internal API and pinging Google servers via https (port 443). It does not expose any open ports or something else that could compromise user's security
Q: What is the testing interval?
A: It is configurable. Every 1, 2, 3 or 5 seconds
Q: Does this extension have access to my browsing history, etc?
A: It does NOT. Moreover, it does not require any special access at all (you can notice that other extensions ask you to give them some permissions during the installation process)
Q: Can this extension measure Internet speed?
A: It cannot. Please, use Speedtest by Ookla (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speedtest-by-ookla/pgjjikdiikihdfpoppgaidccahalehjh?hl=en)
Q: Will it work if Chrome is closed?
A: Not, it will not. You need to have a Chrome window open to track your connection log. It's relatively easy to add Chrome to autostart on Windows, Mac or Linux
Q: Can you use it on Microsoft EDGE?
A: Yes, you can
Icons by flaticon.com