Monitor and test internet connectivity. Detect when internet doesn't work over operating Wi-Fi or Ethernet
• Precise connectivity test
• Detect when internet doesn't work over operating Wi-Fi or Ethernet
• Play sound when connection goes online or offline
• Access and export events log
• Retina-ready icon sets with Chrome dark themes support
Q: Where is the extension icon?
A: A recent Chrome update changed how extensions are displayed. You need to click on the puzzle icon to the right of the address bar and then pin Internet Connection Monitor
Q: What exactly can be monitored?
A: The extension monitors the internet connection and reports 3 statuses:
• Online: internet connected
• Connection issues: Wi-Fi/Ethernet connected, internet disconnected
• Offline: internet disconnected
Q: How does the extension test the connectivity?
A: The extension uses a combination of Chrome internal API and pinging Google servers via https (port 443). It does not expose any open ports or something else that could compromise user's security
Q: What is the testing interval?
A: Every 3 seconds
Q: Does this extension have access to my browsing history, etc?
A: It does NOT. Moreover, it does not require any special access at all (you can notice that some other extensions ask you to give them some permissions during the installation process)
Q: Can this extension measure internet speed?
A: It cannot. Please, use Speedtest by Ookla (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speedtest-by-ookla/pgjjikdiikihdfpoppgaidccahalehjh?hl=en)
Icons by flaticon.com