Download PDF books from archive.org
Internet Archive(archive.org) holds more than 34 millions books for free access. Some mean to be read online by borrowing for a limit period. This extension can download these books for later reading.
After borrowing a book in archive.org, two new buttons read "Quality" and "Download" will appear under the book viewer, beside the "Favorite" button.
To get current book as Pdf file, click the "Download" button.
To get each leaf as a Jpeg file, click the "Download" button with Ctrl key pressed(Command key on Mac).
With the download begins, the button will turn into a progress bar.
There are variant leaf qualities for each book which the extension keeps up to four levels. Click the stars on the "Quality" button to choose one. Default is the best quality(the original image, without scaled down).
Chromium family(Chrome, Edge, Brave, Vivaldi, Opera, Yandex, Kiwi) version 90+ supported.
For Brave to work properly, item 'File System Access API' in 'brave://flags' page should be enabled.
Possible download succeeded with 0 byte pdf for large file. Not fixed
* Books will be returned automatically on successful download to make it available to other users
* Possibble leaf lost caused by unexpected abort. Now fixed
* In some browsers under incorrect settings, download succeeded but no file found. Now fixed
* Downloads will now retry automatically whenever network errors occured. So it will work more smoothly than ever
* Download process can be aborted immediately now. There is no need to wait for cleaning up any more
* Fix button title place inaccurate
* More browsers are supported
* Compatibility improvements
* Add option of downloading as JPEG files
* Retrieve page info from book structure instead of from book reading window, in case it may be incorrect on boundary conditions
* Buttons show up quickly even on slow network now
* Improve the reliability and stability
* Add option of page quality
* Constraint the download function to media type of books borrowed, don't interfere with other media or books of always available
* Clean uncompleted files on failed/canceled downloads
* Download to a whole PDF book
* Independant of CORS extension
* Download each page to a single JPEG file
* Dependant on CORS extension