Look up Korean & Chinese / Zhongwen words. Watch Netflix with learning subtitles. Learn while browsing!
Browse the web and watch shows on Netflix and Youtube to learn Chinese and Korean.
Best Chinese-English and Korean-English pop-up dictionary. Now makes Netflix and Youtube subtitles accessible to language learners.
- Hover to look up words in Korean and Mandarin Chinese - Simplified and Traditional
- Save your words to bookmarks to track what you know. Press 's' or 'b' to save while hovering
- Export your bookmarks for practice in flashcard apps like Anki
- Select a sentence to break it apart into its individual words
- Play words and sentences back with text to speech
- Watch learning subs on Netflix that show both your target and native language
- Turn on and off the Inkah's pop-up dictionary and adjust settings via the icon on the browser. ctrl+i and cmd+i also work as hot keys
- Adjust target language font size for better readability
- Dark mode for easier reading at night
- Supports Google Docs (let us know what else you need support for!)
- Fast and simple
Netflix and Youtube (Beta)
- Netflix and Youtube subtitles become hoverable and accessible to pop-up dictionaries
- Show your target language, transliteration, and native language subtitles all at the same time
- Turn on or off by clicking the Inkah icon sitting at the bottom of the Netflix player
- Auto-pause while hovering over a word
- Use the left and right arrow keys to jump between the previous and next subtitle
- Right panel: See the full list of subtitles for a given episode or movie in the right panel. Jump to a specific subtitle line. Hover to see the native language translation
- Right panel: View the list of words in a subtitle line by clicking the book icon
- Youtube: Many videos with embedded subtitles don't provide the actual subtitles to Youtube. If Inkah is unable to load subtitles in the target language for that
- View verb conjugations
- View Hangul Romanization. Off by default by r/Korean request
- Multitude of dictionary and definition ordering improvements over other Korean-English dictionaries like Toktogi
Mandarin Chinese - Simplified (简体) and Traditional (繁體)
- View words with Pinyin, Zhuyin / Bopomofo, and Pleco color-coded tones
- Supports both Simplified Chinese (简体中文) and Traditional Chinese (繁體中文) characters
- Change definition displays to show Simplified, Traditional, or both
- Multitude of dictionary and definition ordering improvements over other Chinese dictionaries like Zhongwen and Pera Pera. Shows full definitions for character variants
Text to Speech
- While hovering: Press 'r' to play back the word
- Dictionary view: Play the same audio repeatedly to hear normal speed, then 75% speed, then 50% speed, and then normal speed again
- Dictionary: Change whether, after a selection, you see the Inkah icon you can then click on to show the dictionary or the dictionary immediately
- Dictionary: Adjust whether a key needs to be held while hovering to show definitions
- Dictionary: Adjust how long you must hover to show definitions
- Extension will not work on Chrome Web Store pages
- Google Docs: Hovering will display the word but not highlight. Later we will support selecting a word or sentence to get the full list of words and definitions
- If a tab was already open during installation, you may need to refresh the page to activate the extension for the page
Discord & Feedback
We love hearing how we may improve :) Join our Discord at https://discord.gg/wErQb44c7Y to let us know how or send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy is of our utmost concern. We do not track what pages or content was visited. Inkah translates words and sentences. That's it.
Thanks to r/Korean and Twitter for all the engagement and suggestions on how to improve. Please keep them coming!
Thanks to the CEDict project for their tireless Chinese-English open source work.