The Chrome New Tab Extension for Developers
09/17/2017 - Latest 1.1.0/1.1.1 Release Notes:
* This is a big update...
* Added ability to display custom links (optional)
* Added relevant history feature to fetch articles/blog posts related to a specific keyword defined in the settings panel
* Layout updates
09/04/2017 - Latest 1.0.3 Release Notes:
* Prevent pinned tabs from being removed when tab limiting is turned on
* Minor layout updates
Initab is a Chrome new tab extension for software developers that offers a solution to continually having too many tabs open. It also offers several useful tools to make your job as a developer easier with a quick view of your GitHub Issue activity, Stack Overflow activity, and much more…
* Getting started with Initab is easy. Open the SETTINGS panel and configure your preferences. CUSTOM LINKS are a popular (optional) feature that you might consider activating. Simply add some valid URLs to the CUSTOM LINKS section in the SETTINGS panel. The DATE & TIME section then gets replaced with your custom links. Don’t forget to try the optional TAB LIMITING feature. It automatically keeps your browser tabs limited to the number you choose by closing older tabs. Some like it, some don’t…so be careful.
* Do you find yourself constantly hunting around for the GitHub Issue or Pull Request you're currently working on? Initab pulls your GitHub activity directly from your history, so you don't have to worry about closing the tab associated with that issue and/or pull request. Simply open a new tab and you'll see the item right there in your GitHub Issue/PR Activity.
* Whoops! You accidentally closed the tab with the Stack Overflow answer that could help you out of the mess you’re in… Don’t worry, Initab has you covered. Click this button to toggle the Stack Overflow panel which is populated with all of your recent S.O. history.
* Cover all your browser history bases with the RELEVANT HISTORY section. Do you want to see articles or blog posts you've visited related to a specific technology? Add a keyword in the RELEVANT HISTORY section in the SETTINGS panel.
* Do you have a favorite SubReddit for the technology you love to work with? Add your preferred r/… in the SETTINGS panel, in order to keep tabs on whats going on in Reddit today.
* Do you need quick access to your commonly used code snippets that you have available in your Gist account? Simply enter your GitHub username and Initab will fetch all public Gists related to your account.
* Keep up to date with the hot new GitHub repos for the technology that you’re interested in. Trending New Repos fetches the most starred GitHub repositories that were created in the last month.