Video chat quickly via email with others in the same office building, home, or school.
Peer-to-peer, serverless video calls via email between people on the same local network in an office building, residence, or school.
inHouse is a fast and lightweight solution to peer-to-peer (serverless) video chat between people connected to the same LAN, such as those in the same building. No logging in or registration is required: the offer to talk and the acceptance of that offer is done via email. This way, the connection can be made without using any server other than the email server. Note: It helps if both users' default browser is Chrome, as the links in the emails must be opened in Chrome.
The video connection remains open until either user closes their browser. A toggle button in the top-left of the window enables either party to turn their webcam stream off whilst still remaining connected.
To start a video call:
1. Start the app.
2. Click the Allow button in the dialog box at the top asking for permission to use your webcam and microphone.
3. Click the link that appears in the middle of the page to send an email invitation to whoever you want to video chat with.
- You must keep the page open while you wait for the recipient to respond.
- With some email clients, before sending the email you may need to place your cursor after the link in the email and press Enter to convert it into a clickable link.
4. When the recipient clicks the link in your email, accepting your invitation to chat, and you click the link in their acceptance email, you'll see and hear each other in your respective Chrome browsers. Either party can press the toggle switch to temporarily turn their webcam stream off without disconnecting.