Infometer helps you measure how much of a web page you have read.
Readability extension that provides a progress bar at the top of a web page and two markers to delimit the content area that you want to read when you click on its icon.
Typical usage :
You read lengthy in depth articles that are always caught between useless lengthy information like comments or ads. So the scrollbar becomes useless at telling you how much there is left to read in the information that you care about.
Infometer acts as an information measurer that gives you the same visual clue as the scrollbar about your progress in reading a web page except that you can delimit the specific content to measure.
It will ease your online reading experience as you will read faster and with more focus once you know how much exactly you need to read in a web page.
★ Gives visual clue like a scrollbar of the progress in a web page except that you delimit the content that is measured.
★ Synces with Chrome Sync. So if you were reading on a computer and had markers set up, if you connect on another computer where chrome is synced, you will have the same thing. It takes 7 seconds to complete a sync cycle.
★ Click on the beginning of the progress bar to find the first marker.
★ Click on the end of the progress bar to find the second marker.
★ The icon has 4 status :
- ON : the extension is active on the current page.
- OFF (grey) : the extension is inactive on the current page.
- OFF (red) : the extension doesn't work on this type of page. Certain pages like the chrome store or the chrome pages don't work with the extension.
- ERR : You should reload the current page to make the extension work again.
How to use it ?
1. Click on its icon like you see in the screenshots and it will add a progress bar and two markers in the current page you're viewing.
2. Click on the markers to place them around the content you want to measure.
3. As you scroll, the progress bar at the top will show how much of the measured content has already been scrolled.
To turn off the progress bar, just click again on the icon.