ImTranslator: Google Translate
NEW IN THIS VERSION
* Improved the language management module in the Pop-up Bubble translator.
Instant translation of a selected text, words, phrases and web pages using Google Translate service.
Choice of translation applications:
* Pop-up Bubble
* Web Page Translation
* translation between 66 languages
* 10 thousand characters per translation
* Google dictionary
* 3 translation applications
* instant translation of a selected text
* translation of the entire webpage with mouseover translation option
* voice in 26 languages
* translation history
* automatic language detection
* back translation
* hotkey implementation
* complete customization of each translation tool
* option to disable automatic language detection
HOW TO LAUNCH ImTranslator
* click on the ImTranslator: Google Translate button on the Chrome toolbar
* choose a preferred translation mode from the right-click context menu ImTranslator: Google Translate
* use the hotkey (Alt+Ctrl+Z by default) to launch ImTranslator
HOW TO TRANSLATE SELECTION
Select the text and:
* click the floating button to open the Pop-up Bubble Translator
* use the trigger key (Alt by default) to translate in the Pop-up Bubble
* choose ImTranslator: Translate selection from the right-click context menu to run ImTranslator
* click the ImTranslator: Google Translate button on the Chrome toolbar
* use the corresponding hotkeys (Alt+Ctrl+Z by default) to launch ImTranslator
HOW TO TRANSLATE A WEBPAGE
Right-click on the page and choose “Translate this page to” a selected language from the context menu “ImTranslator: Google Translate”.
The context menu provides the choice of a web page translation mode:
* translate an entire web page
* mouseover translation of a web page text selection
When you choose the mouseover translation mode, hover your mouse over the original text, and the translation for the highlighted segment will be displayed in a pop-up bubble.
Change the translation language from the "Change language" menu. You can also change the translation language from the translation toolbar on the top of the page.
HOW TO WORK WITH TRANSLATION HISTORY
* Enable Translation History in ImTranslator Options: either in the Translation History tab or in each translation tool.
* ImTranslator keeps track of all your translation activity and stores translation records in the Translation History until you manually delete them.
* To access Translation History click the History link on each translation tool, or go to the ImTranslator Options, then Translation History
* The records from ImTranslator and Pop-up Bubble are stored as an original text and its translation, while records from Web Translation are stored as links to the original page and the translated page.
* Each translation history record is highlighted according to the translation tool being used.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THE TRANSLATION HISTORY
* expand the translation record if it’s over 200 characters
* split the record by sentences to display sentence-by-sentence translation
* see the source of the translation
* search and sort translation records
* listen to the original or translation (10 supported languages)
* export the translation history in .csv format
* delete records
* clear all history
ImTranslator Options provide a perfect way to customize ImTranslator, Pop-up Bubble and Web Page Translation.
* Set unique language settings for each translation application - set a different translation direction for each translation tool
* Show back translation window - enable the back translation in ImTranslator application
* Hotkeys - choose the hotkey to launch ImTranslator
* Enable the auto detect feature - enable the language auto detection
* Enable ImTranslator Bubble - make ImTranslator Bubble available. When disabled, ImTranslator Bubble won't pop-up and its options will be hidden.
* Translate on mouse selection - perform translation by selecting a text with the mouse and using a trigger key
* Choose a preferred font size - change the size of the font.
* Enable Translation History – enable the Translation History module to store translation records from each translation tool
* Access Translation History – access translation history records to be able to search, sort, split by sentences, export to the Excel and save, and much more.
ImTranslator ONLINE SERVICES
You may want to use other free ImTranslator Online Services, such as Translate and Speak, Online Dictionary, Compare Translations between Google, Microsoft, Babylon and other translation engines.
ImTranslator provides free Translator and Text-to-Speech Widgets for Webmaster to embed them into web pages, blogs or other online services.
SUPPORTED LANGUAGES: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Esperanto, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh and Yiddish languages.
IMPROVEMENTS & CHANGES
* New voices: Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finish, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hindi, Hungarian, Latin, Norwegian, Polish, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
* Changed ImTranslator behavior: it can be now used in standalone window
* Online help added
* Improved format of Bubble translator
* Increased the speed of translation
* Added Translation History
* Improved Bubble Translator capability to display right-to-left languages
* Language detection in Chinese Traditional & Chinese Simplified
* ImTranslator Bubble can be enabled and disabled
* Improved ImTranslator's button behavior
ImTranslator is an ongoing project that continues to grow, expand and improve.
Your feedback, comments and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.