ImTranslator: Google Translate
IMPLEMENTED THE WORKAROUND OF A KNOWN BUG WITH DROP-DOWN MENUS' SCROLL-ABILITY ON CHROME VERSION 32 (WINDOWS 7/8).
THERE IS A KNOWN BUG ON CHROME VERSION 32 WHICH DISABLES THE SCROLLING IN DROP-DOWN MENUS.
THE CHROME BETA VERSION 33 WHICH HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED YET HAS FIXED THIS BUG.
IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN USE THE ARROW KEYS TO NAVIGATE WITHIN DROP-DOWN MENUS.
New in this version:
* Solved the white-space issue in Bubble translate
* Fixed the back translation issues in ImTranslator: Google Translate engine
* Increased the speed of translation
* Added Translation History that stores up to 100 records
* Fixed the format of the Bubble Translator to display right-to-left languages
* Fixed the language detection issues with Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified languages
* Added the option to enable/disable ImTranslator Bubble
* NOW THE TRANSLATION REQUEST CAN BE UP TO 8 THOUSAND CHARACTERS
* Improved the behavior of ImTranslator's button
ImTranslator: Google Translate performs instant translation of a selected text, words, phrases and web pages using Google translation service.
ImTranslator offers a choice of the translation tools: ImTranslator, Pop-up Bubble Translator and Web Page Translation.
* Translation History
* Pop-up Bubble Translator
* ImTranslator Web Page Translation
* ImTranslator Web Page Mouseover translation
* translate up to 8 thousand characters at one time
* customize settings for each translation tool
* option to set unique language settings for each translation tool
* option to enable/disable the ImTranslator Bubble
* option to enable/disable the auto detect language
How to launch ImTranslator for Chrome
* click on the ImTranslator: Google Translate button on the Chrome toolbar
* choose a preferred translation mode from the right-click context menu ImTranslator: Google Translate
* use the hotkey (Alt+Ctrl+Z by default) to launch ImTranslator
How to instant translate selection with ImTranslator for Chrome
Select the text and:
* click the floating button to open the Pop-up Bubble Translator
* use the trigger key (Alt by default) to translate in the Pop-up Bubble
* choose ImTranslator: Translate selection from the right-click context menu to run ImTranslator
* click the ImTranslator: Google Translate button on the Chrome toolbar
* use the corresponding hotkeys (Alt+Ctrl+Z by default) to launch ImTranslator
How to translate Webpages
Right-click on the page and choose “Translate this page to” a selected language from the context menu “ImTranslator: Google Translate”.
The context menu provides the choice of a web page translation mode:
* translate an entire web page
* mouseover translation of a web page text selection
When you choose the mouseover translation mode, hover your mouse over the original text, and the translation for the highlighted segment will be displayed in a pop-up bubble.
Change the translation language from the "Change language" menu. You can also change the translation language from the translation toolbar on the top of the page.
How to work with the Translation History
* Enable Translation History in ImTranslator Options: either in the Translation History tab or in each translation tool.
* ImTranslator keeps track of all your translation activity and stores translation records in the Translation History until you manually delete them.
* To access Translation History click the History link on each translation tool, or go to the ImTranslator Options, then Translation History
* The records from ImTranslator and Pop-up Bubble are stored as an original text and its translation, while records from Web Translation are stored as links to the original page and the translated page.
* Each translation history record is highlighted according to the translation tool being used.
What you can do with the Translation History
* expand the translation record if it’s over 200 characters
* split the record by sentences to display sentence-by-sentence translation
* see the source of the translation
* search and sort translation records
* listen to the original or translation (10 supported languages)
* export the translation history in .csv format
* delete records
* clear all history
* Translate words, phrases and text in ImTranslator application
* Translate selection in the pop-up bubble
* Translate entire webpages into a selected language
* Translate selection on mouse over
* Auto detect language of the source text
* Back translation: reverse the translation back to the original language
* Text-to-Speech: convert text into voice in 10 supported languages
* Customize translation options
* Set unique language settings for each translation tool
ImTranslator Options provide a perfect way to customize ImTranslator, Pop-up Bubble and Web Page Translation.
* Set unique language settings for each translation application - set a different translation direction for each translation tool
* Show back translation window - enable the back translation in ImTranslator application
* Hotkeys - choose the hotkey to launch ImTranslator
* Enable the auto detect feature - enable the language auto detection
* Enable ImTranslator Bubble - make ImTranslator Bubble available. When disabled, ImTranslator Bubble won't pop-up and its options will be hidden.
* Translate on mouse selection - perform translation by selecting a text with the mouse and using a trigger key
* Choose a preferred font size - change the size of the font.
* Enable Translation History – enable the Translation History module to store translation records from each translation tool
* Access Translation History – access translation history records to be able to search, sort, split by sentences, export to the Excel and save, and much more.
ImTranslator Online Services
You may want to use other free ImTranslator Online Services, such as Translate and Speak, Online Dictionary, Compare Translations between Google, Microsoft, Babylon and other translation engines.
ImTranslator provides free Translator and Text-to-Speech Widgets for Webmaster to embed them into web pages, blogs or other online services.
Supported languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Esperanto, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh and Yiddish languages.
ImTranslator is an ongoing project that continues to grow, expand and improve.
Your feedback, comments and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.