IMPORTFROMWEB imports data from any website into your spreadsheet through a simple function.
It's like IMPORTXML but on steroids!
A simple function that imports any web content directly into your Google Sheet.
No coding knowledge required!
Use it to:
- Retrieve products in Amazon
- Analyze websites links for SEO
- Gather information from multiple Wikipedia pages
- Follow stock market trends
- Extract lists of homes in Zillow
- Watch free photos in bulk from Unsplash
... and wherever your imagination brings you
- Easy-to-use interface
- Loads up to hundreds of web pages per sheet
- Scrapes pages loaded with JS
- Avoids inopportune recalculations
- Uses the power of regexes in order to extract or replace specific parts of texts
- Stacks results of multiple search pages in one list
From now on, Web Scraping is made easy!
To extract content from a website, just call the IMPORTFROMWEB function and fill the urls and XPaths of the elements you are looking for:
Ex: IMPORTFROMWEB("https://www.espn.com/nba/stats", "//table[contains(@class,"Table2")]//td")
Why is it better than IMPORTXML, IMPORTFEED or IMPORTDATA?
- IMPORTFROMWEB offers much more flexibility and make the native counterparts useless
If you are used to Google's native IMPORT functions, you should give it a try ;)
If you are new to importing web content, remember that it will give you super powers:
- Any data directly in your spreadsheet
- No more copy/pasting
- Your content refreshed regularly