Imagine Learning® harnesses the power of technology to teach language and literacy to students around the world through engaging,…
Imagine Learning® harnesses the power of technology to teach language and literacy to students around the world through engaging, interactive instruction. This mobile app is a companion to the Imagine Learning server and allows students and teachers to have flexible access to the extensive curriculum activities.
Imagine Learning lessons and activities are designed for Pre-K through 6th grade students. A personalized learning path differentiates instruction and boosts student achievement for English language learners, struggling readers, early childhood students, and students with disabilities. Imagine Learning includes thousands of fun, interactive, research-based activities, so students have fun while learning! Build a crazy monster while learning the alphabet. Play basketball while learning to spell. Free aliens by identifying the correct letter. Learn to read over 70 different books.
Children encounter activities in four main areas: letters, phonological awareness, reading, and vocabulary. Instruction is offered in a variety of literacy skills including letter recognition, reading comprehension, idiom comprehension, vocabulary development, phonic rules, spelling, rhyming, and phoneme segmentation.
The Action Areas™ tool allows educators to measure student improvement, identify specific areas students are struggling with, create skill-specific intervention groups, and access supporting activities to use for reinforcing concepts.
Please note this app will not work without an installed Imagine Learning server, which is sold separately. Versions of this App are available for iPads, Android-based tablets, Chromebooks, and as a browser app for Windows PCs and Macs.
This release introduces four new activities for Pre-K students, and new logging and security measures.
- Four new activites are now available for Pre-K students: Sound Train; Sort Court; First, Next, Last; and Put It in Order.
- Introduces new security measures to protect student privacy.
- We've added system information logging to collect data that enables us to improve the user experience.
- New media files are now added to local Media Boosters automatically during off-peak district hours.
- We've fixed an issue in Decodable Books where students could swipe back to the cover page and get stuck there.
- We've fixed a problem with screen resolution settings that occurred with Windows app upgrades.
- The My Kind of Art activity now allows a student to progress correctly.
- We've fixed an issue that sometimes caused a freeze to occur during the Decodable Books record mode.
See http://support.imaginelearning.com/Content/Topics/whatsNew/clientReleaseNotes/1.105.htm for additional details.