Imagine Learning® harnesses the power of technology to teach language and literacy to students around the world through engaging,…
Imagine Learning® harnesses the power of technology to teach language and literacy to students around the world through engaging, interactive instruction. This mobile app is a companion to the Imagine Learning server and allows students and teachers to have flexible access to the extensive curriculum activities.
Imagine Learning lessons and activities are designed for Pre-K through 6th grade students. A personalized learning path differentiates instruction and boosts student achievement for English language learners, struggling readers, early childhood students, and students with disabilities. Imagine Learning includes thousands of fun, interactive, research-based activities, so students have fun while learning! Build a crazy monster while learning the alphabet. Play basketball while learning to spell. Free aliens by identifying the correct letter. Learn to read over 70 different books.
Children encounter activities in four main areas: letters, phonological awareness, reading, and vocabulary. Instruction is offered in a variety of literacy skills including letter recognition, reading comprehension, idiom comprehension, vocabulary development, phonic rules, spelling, rhyming, and phoneme segmentation.
The Action Areas™ tool allows educators to measure student improvement, identify specific areas students are struggling with, create skill-specific intervention groups, and access supporting activities to use for reinforcing concepts.
Please note this app will not work without an installed Imagine Learning server, which is sold separately. Versions of this App are available for iPads, Android-based tablets, Chromebooks, and as a browser app for Windows PCs and Macs.
We're introducing performance enhancements and tools to assist with network diagnostics and troubleshooting. Additionally, we've improved memory management during recording activities. This release also fixes several issues.
- We've improved memory management during recording activities.
- We've resolved a known issue that caused an error message associated with the caching mode setting. The pre-caching mode now functions again after updating from previous versions.
- Previously missing audio is now included in the Listen to a Story Activity.
- We've fixed an issue that stopped student progress in the Fluent Reader activity.
- Students no longer see an error prompt when submitting student writing during the Vocrab Island activity.
- We've fixed an issue that caused students running a later version of the app to get stuck on Understand What I Read activities.
- Listening with a Purpose no longer shows a black screen on certain Chromebooks.
- We've restored some missing words to datasets associated with the Blaster and Word Survivor activities.
For more details, please visit http://support.imaginelearning.com/Content/Topics/whatsNew/clientReleaseNotes/1.101.htm