Gets the file size of an image and optionally places a formatted URL in the clipboard.
* New Version 1.3 *
Added support for checking the size of videos. There is also special case support for videos which originated as "gifv" from Imgur.
This extension provides an easy way to check the size of an image. An item for "Check Image Size" is added to the context menu. This checks the size of the image by requesting the header information from the server on which the image is hosted. This information is shown to the user in a notification.
In the options page for the extension there are several additional features which can be activated:
* A maximum file size can be set. If images exceed this size then the notification will display a warning in addition to the size.
* The extension can copy the image URL to the clipboard automatically in plain text or formatted for BBCode or HTML
* If both a maximum size is set and the clipboard option is on then the extension can optionally copy a formatted link to the clipboard if the image is larger than the max size.
EG: If a max size of 400KB is set then an image below this size would be copied to the clipboard as an inline image (a [img] tag for BBCode or <img> tag for HTML). If it is over 400KB then a link to the image will be copied instead (a [url] tag for BBCode or <a> tag for HTML)
The following permissions are requested by this extension:
* contextMenus - Required to add the context menu item
* notifications - Required to display notifications to the user about the size of the image
* storage - Required to save and load the configuration for the extension as set in the options page
* clipboardWrite - Required to copy data to the clipboard
* http://*/ - Required to contact any HTTP address in order to query the size of an image
* https://*/ - Required to contact any HTTPS address in order to query the size of an image