Browse and download images on a web page.
If you need to bulk download images from a web page, with this extension you can:
- See images that the page contains and links to
- Filter them by width, height, and URL; supports wildcard and regex
- Optionally show only images from links
- Select images to download by clicking on the image
- Use dedicated buttons to download or open individual images in new tabs
- Customize image display width, columns, border size, and color
- Hide filters, buttons and notifications you don't need
When you press the "Download" button, all selected images are saved to the default download directory of Chrome, or to a directory inside it if you specify a subfolder name.
WARNING: If you haven't set up a default download directory, you will have to manually choose the save location for each image, which might open a lot of popup windows. It is not recommended to attempt to download too many images at once without a default download directory.
This extension can't always extract the full-resolution images that open when you click a photo (e.g. in Facebook albums). That's because the page doesn't directly link to the image, but uses a script.
If you need that kind of functionality, there are other extensions that can be useful like Hover Zoom, even if you can't mass download images with it.
- Removed the unnecessary permission to access tabs
- Removed the donation prompt due to complains from some users that it doesn't disappear after the first time as it should; now, the options page will be opened on first install instead
- Save the value of the URL filter
- Another attempt to fix some sizing issues
- Added image width / height filters
- Added a one-time reset of all settings due to some people having sizing issues
- Removed the sort by URL option
- Added the ability to save the files to a subfolder
- Utilized the Google Chrome downloads API
- Implemented a cleaner, grid-based design
- Clicking on an image URL textbox will now automatically select the text so users can copy it
- Fixed a few minor display issues
- Added settings for number of columns, removed border style setting
- Added donation buttons on the options page
- Images used in a style tag will now also be included at the end of the list. Only images from inline style attributes of elements used to be included.
- Added support for data URI
- Several bug fixes and optimizations
- Changed the URL above the image to be displayed in a read-only textbox
- Moved the image checkboxes to the top and added open & download buttons below each
- Initially disabled the "Download" button and "All" checkbox
- Introduced a few new options to hide filters, buttons and notification
- Removed the body width option; the width of the popup now resizes relatively to the maximum image width option
- Streamlined the design
- Fixed saving of minimum and maximum image width
- Added the URL above the image itself and an option to toggle it
- Added wildcard filter mode (alongside normal and regex)
- The state of the selected filters will now be saved
- Moved the "Sort by URL" option back to the filters
- Added a "Clear Data" button to options page. While the extension does not use a lot of local storage yet, someone might appreciate the option.
- Refactored a lot of code, especially the use of local storage
- Added a notification to let the user know that download has started
- Added some animations and polished the options notifications a bit more
- Fixed some event handlers that were being attached multiple times
- Migrated to jQuery
- Implemented indeterminate state for "All" checkbox
- The "Download" button will now be disabled if no images are checked
- Fixed a bug with reseting options - now the user can choose to save the reset values or simply cancel the reset by reloading the page - just like it says in the notification
- Changed the download mechanism to support Chrome v21+
- Added an "Only show linked images" filter option that can be useful when you only want to download images that are in a URL on the page.
- Added a download confirmation
- The number of images will now be displayed next to the "All" checkbox
- Added detection of image URLs in anchor tags; note that this feature will not detect URLs that don't have .jpg, .jpeg, .gif or .png file extensions - it relies on a regular expression as to avoid possibly sending hundreds of requests to external servers
- Removed the desktop notification system that popped up when you press "Download" in favor of a text description that should feel easier to control (through Options) and less intrusive; this should also require less permissions for the extension
- Added an option to hide the download notification; most people should understand the download process after only reading it once
- Made some minor UI tweaks
- Fixed an issue with multiple unnecessary empty images
- Elements that display an image using the "background-image" CSS property will now also be extracted
- Added a notification that alerts the user when the download process has begun and explains where to look for the files
This extension is and always will be free, open-source, and without ads or tracking algorithms of any kind. You can find the source code here: https://github.com/vdsabev/image-downloader
Based on the Google Chrome Extension sample "Download Selected Links": https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/examples/api/downloads/download_links.zip
Uses the tiny, but awesome JSS library: https://github.com/Box9/jss
And Zepto.js: http://zeptojs.com
Copyright (c) 2014 Vladimir Sabev
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without
restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT
HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.