Display web pages using IE within Chrome. Use Java, Silverlight, ActiveX, Sharepoint, and more. A "Top 10" extension since 2009!
Top 10 Chrome extension since 2009!
-- WINDOWS ONLY -- WINDOWS ONLY --
It exactly emulates IE by using the IE rendering engine directly within Chrome. This will enable you to use ActiveX controls and test your web pages with different versions of IE (IE6, IE7, IE8, or IE9).
*** SYMANTEC ENDPOINT PROTECTION -- IETAHBELPER.EXE ***
Symantec Endpoint Protection is incorrectly flagging the ietabhelper.exe as a probematic file. We have reported it to Symantec. It would be a great help to us if you would also report it to them as a false positive: https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/
--- WHAT'S NEW IN 7.4.2x.x ---
* Why is there now an ietabhelper.exe?
Chrome is doing away with a technology that IE Tab has been using for years called NPAPI. As such, we are moving IE Tab to a new technology called Native Messaging, and that will require us to have an executable installed on the system to do some of the work. You can read more about these changes here:
We will be deploying changes over the next couple of weeks to deal with these changes in Chrome.
* Broken bookmarks.
Sorry folks, we had a regression that broke your bookmarks. We released a fix today and your bookmarks should be working again. Sorry for the inconvenience!
--- New features in 188.8.131.52 ---
* Translated to over 20 new languages: Czech, Danish, German, Spanish, French, Hindi, Croatian, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, ...
To translate to your language, go here: http://www.ietab.net/translate
--- New features in 184.108.40.206 ---
* Support for language translations. Learn more here: http://www.ietab.net/translate
* Auto URL exclusions. This enables you to set a broad Auto URL for a site, and then set one-off exclusions for pages that you still want to be loaded with Chrome. See the options page for details.
* We now hide the search box by default. You can still enable it from the options page.
--- Version Update 220.127.116.11 ---
* Fixed a problem with Auto URLs not working for intranet sites or adding strange characters
* Added right-click context menu support to enable right-click opening of URLs in IE Tab
* Fixed a bug where the IE Options button could fail
--- Version Update 18.104.22.168 ---
* Fixed the auto-search feature so it would not apply to local file URLs with \, /, or : in them
* Added an option to disable the auto-search feature
--- Version Update 22.214.171.124 ---
* Worked around an ICBC bank problem that was causing their ActiveX control to crash
* Implemented support for controlling the IE emulation mode, we now support IE7, IE8, or IE9 emulation modes
* Added search capabilities
--- Version Update 126.96.36.199 ---
* Disable script error messages.
* Support for BK / FWD buttons.