The Identity Guard Safe Browsing extension.
The Identity Guard Safe Browsing extension includes many features that protect your privacy and secure your browsing experience. You must be a Privacy Now service subscriber to activate the extension and turn on its features. See below for how to sign up for the Identity Guard service.
To activate the extension and turn on its features follow these steps: 1) install the extension, 2) click on the shield icon on the top right of your browser, 3) log in using your Identity Guard email address and password.
- Anti Phishing: protection against phishing attacks. Identity Guard collects information on recently discovered phishing sites and updates your extension in near real time. If a phishing site is detected, you'll see a warning page that prevents the malicious site from loading.
- Ad Blocker: a powerful ad blocker that blocks advertisements and malvertisements. Ads clutter websites and slow website load times. Blocking advertisements results in a much faster and cleaner browsing experience. Includes a white listing feature that gives you control over exactly which sites are allowed to show ads.
- Flash Blocker: often times criminals use Flash content to infect victims with malware and viruses. Flash content will automatically be blocked by the extension. You can easily allow Flash to run on specific websites by using the white listing feature. Be sure to only allow Flash on websites you know are safe.
- Tracking Protection: an important step toward protecting your privacy. Websites use so-called "trackers" to build a profile about your online browsing behavior. These trackers follow you between websites and are typically used for the purpose of targeted advertising. These trackers will automatically be deleted by the extension.
- Social Privacy Manager: social media sites today have very exposed privacy settings. Often times your personal information, photos and contacts are visible to people you don't know. Aside from being a breach of privacy, social media is also used by criminals to learn about their unsuspecting victims. To help with this, the extension presents your social media privacy settings in an easy to understand way, and provides a 1-click Protect button to automatically secure your settings.