This extension shows the contents of a Tweet when hovering over a link to a Tweet.
HoverTweet displays the contents of a tweet when you hover your mouse over a link to it. Similar in concept to HoverZoom/Imagus, but for tweets instead of images. You can hold "control" to lock the popup and click links within tweets.
HoverTweet has no evil tracking nonsense. It is open source, with the code available at:
• Fixed long words breaking out of boxes
• Fixed links to /statuses/
• Fixed extension to not break for languages other than English
• Cleaned up code for extracting tweet information from HTML download
• New non-placeholder icons
• Mark links as visited when they are displayed (does not maintain state if refreshed)
• Can hold control to move mouse independently and click links within tweets
• Can click full name in tweet to go to profile page