This extension lets you take Honorlock proctored online exams using the Google Chrome browser.
This extension lets you take Honorlock proctored online exams using the Google Chrome browser. This is a single purpose extension.
Honorlock’s automated proctoring solution requires no logins and no scheduling. No longer will students need to schedule a time in order to take an online exam. The whole point of taking online courses is that you can complete them on your time and at your pace. Honorlock will always put the student first and strive to be as invisible to the student as possible.
Honorlock Automated Proctoring Highlights:
* Honorlock will only monitor you during your exam session. Once your exam is completed, you can remove the Honorlock extension with no issue.
* We gather as little personally identifiable information as possible. The information we do gather has never and will never be shared or sold to any third party.
* When first installing the Honorlock Extension, Google Chrome will ask your permission for the access and features we need in order to effectively monitor your exam session.
Speaking of permissions, here are the permissions we require to use the Honorlock extension, but most importantly, why we require them:
* READ AND CHANGE ALL THE DATA ON THE WEBSITES YOU VISIT
* The only reason we need this permission is to allow your professors the ability to block non-exam sites from being accessed. On the professors exam settings dashboard, they are able to choose which sites their students can and can’t visit during the exam session. Other than this, we do not remove or make changes to any websites you visit.
* COMMUNICATE WITH COOPERATING WEBSITES
* During your exam session, Honorlock may need to send and request data from the learning management system in order to ensure the exam is being proctored as the instructor intended.
* CAPTURE CONTENT OF YOUR SCREEN
* When required by the respective exam instructor, Honorlock uses a video streaming service to capture the students screen. You will be made aware when this feature is being used in the exam, and you will be prompted to share your screen. We will never capture any students\' screen without their knowledge and consent.
Honorlock is SOC 2 Compliant and has been awarded the SOC 2 Certification. To achieve this status, you need to adhere to the following Trust Principles:
* Security: Secure against unauthorized access. Implement systems and tools to prevent security breaches.
* Availability: Ensure the Honorlock service is available and operation.
* Processing Integrity: Ensure the Honorlock service delivers the needed data when requested.
* Confidentiality: Only authorized individuals are able to access the data gathered by Honorlock. In addition, this data is purged according to our data retention and disposal policies.
All Honorlock employees are required to complete several Cyber Security and PII training seminars and courses. Honorlock undergoes regular audits to ensure compliance. Needless to say, we take the security and privacy of our users very seriously.
24/7/365 Support: https://honorlock.com/support
Terms of Service: https://honorlock.com/legal/terms