This extension can hide or remove selected elements on a page. Useful for removing invasive adverts, banners and overlays.
The primary feature of this extension allows users to hide any element on the page with a simple right-click menu action.
Advanced features on the Options page also allows the user to automatically close invasive popup windows, as well as automatically hide selected elements when the page is loaded.
Several other customizable settings are also available on the Options page.
- The primary right-click functionality of this extension does not permanently hide the element. Any page refresh will bring back the full page as intended. To automatically hide elements when loading a page please try the new ‘Automatic Hiding’ feature on the Options page (requires HTML/CSS selector knowledge to use).
- Once added to Chrome, any pages you have open will need to be refreshed for the extension to start working.
-- UPDATE NOTES --
- Allow user to disable/enable individual automatically hidden sites or elements.
- General improvements and bug fixes
- Added option to show/hide help text on the Options page.
- Added new ‘Automatic Hiding’ feature on the Options page.
- Split the ‘Advanced Features’ section on the Options page into the ‘Automatic Closing’ section and the new ‘Automatic Hiding’ section.
- Improved help text and advanced feature explanations.
- I apologise if any of your Option settings for this extension were reset upon upgrading to version 3.0.
- Added new 'Export Settings' section to the Options page. This will allow a user to import/export their settings.
- Enhanced the 'Advanced Features' option that closes listed popup sites. There is now a dropdown list that displays the address of recent new tabs or popups. This means the user doesn't have to manually capture the initial address of the popup site.
- Added new 'Advanced Features' section to the Options page.
- Added 'Advanced Features' option that can immediately close listed popup sites.