Open a new tab and browse the web privately - Help us recycle paper, grow trees by browsing the web with Hide my search extension.
Search safely online by using Hide My Search as your default search provider.
Install this extension to set Hide My Search as your default search provider and as your new tab page for Chrome.
Hide My Search gives you the option for your web searches to be hidden.
On top of this, main feature of this extensions is that it lets you do your search without exposing yourself.
Once you submit your search, your computer will transmit the results to the proxy server.
The proxy server will mask your IP address and use its own to relay the request to the web, thus you will now be connected to the desired website through the proxy server.
That means that your data can not reach the web and all your information are safe. Why is this so important? When you use other search engines, you will be passing crucial information
to them, such as these:
- Query specifics - what keywords did you use in your search?
- When did you execute the query? — including the time and date of your search.
- IP address and cookie ID – these two allow them to link the search to your computer.
- Location and device – major providers will collect information about the type of device you are using as well as your location at the time of the search.
- Hide your searches and stop advertisers track you with Hide My Search Product
If you want to learn more about us and our extension:
To check out our privacy pages, click on this link :
Find out about our Terms of Service:
How to easily uninstall Hide my Search?
1. Click on the three dots at the top-right corner in the Chrome menu
2. Choose More tools - Extensions
3. When you find Hide my search on the list, click the Remove button
4. The process of uninstallation has been completed successfully
Note that this extension enables resetting Hide My Search as your default search provider and new tab page on Chrome.
This extension uses permissions that produce the following Chrome messages to perform necessary functions within the extension.
"Change your search settings to: hidemysearch.me"
Shown for permissions needed for delivery of search results through the Hide My Search service.
“Replace the page you see when opening a new tab.”
Shown for permissions needed for changing the new tab and home page to Hide My Search.
Used to store and retrieve settings data used by the extension.