Hide Stories and Rooms on Facebook News Feed
*** NEW FEATURE: Show/Hide stories and rooms section individually ***
New feature which allows switching stories and/or rooms section individually on or off. Hope you like it.
You ♡ it? You can support me via PayPal:
Easily remove Facebook stories and rooms section from top of your news feed by installing this tiny add-on for Google Chrome.
✔ Hide Stories section (turn individually on/off)
✔ Hide Rooms section (turn individually on/off)
• How it works
Simple CSS rules will hide Facebook stories and rooms section on top of your news feed.
• Is it secure?
Yes – pure JS, no frameworks involved, no reading of your data, no ads.
• How do I use it?
Just install and activate add-on in Chrome. Afterwards refresh Facebook page in order add-on will take effect.
• Can I turn sections individially on or off (show/hide)?
Yes – both sections stories and rooms are hidden by default. Just go to "extension options" or visit option settings page by clicking on the add-on icon in your browser. Make your changes, save and afterwards refresh Facebook page in order new settings will take effect.
• Where it works
- With desktop-browser-URL (www.facebook.com)
- With touch-browser-URL (touch.facebook.com)
- With mobile-browser-URL (m.facebook.com)
- Extended support* for other Facebook subdomains (e.g. web.facebook.com)
*not yet verified
• Version 1.2.80
- Fix for recent changes made by FB
• Version 1.2.70
- Option for individually turn sections on or off (show/hide)
- Complete redesign of code to enable customization
• Version 1.1.51
Extended compatibility and new feature:
- Support for new Facebook page design 2020 "FB5"
- PLUS Feature: Hide Facebook rooms section
• Version 1.0.4
- Support for all Facebook subdomains (*.facebook.com)
- Prevents stories section from flashing up on a short-term on page load
• Version 1.0.2
- Works on mobile browser-version (m.facebook.com)