Hide Google Doodles for a less distracting search experience.
If, like me, you find google doodles distracting (especially the animated ones), this extension's for you.
It replaces doodles with the default logo, for a less distracting search experience. Also sets the logo to the default in Gmail, and hides "easter eggs" that occasionally display on the search results page.
If you'd like to see the source code, it's on GitHub.
It'll request to read and change data on www.google.com and all their other nearly 200 domains (google.ca, google.es, etc), because it's injecting CSS styles into the search and search results pages.
It'll also request access to mail.google.com and google.com/finance, since Gmail and Google Finance also show doodles, and this extension replaces those with the default logo too.
If you notice a problem, or have other questions or comments, open an "issue" on GitHub:
* 1.0.0 - Initial version using stylesheets to hide logo. (Mar 21, 2018)
* 1.0.1 - Adjusted IDs to hide. (Mar 21, 2018)
* 1.1.4 - Fix due to elements on the page changing (Sep 21, 2018)
* 1.1.6 - Fix due to incorrect logo size (Feb 4, 2019)
* 1.2.0 - Use doodle image size instead of ID to correctly size the default logo (Mar 21, 2019)
* 1.2.1 - Hide doodles on Gmail. (Apr 12, 2019)
* 1.2.2 - Hide promotional messages. (June 4, 2019)
* 1.2.4 - Prevent searchbox from overlapping logo on smaller screens. (Jan 22, 2020)