Health-Food Frenzy introduces students to the USDA Food Plate, and allows them to see how their school follows the guidelines.
A COMPLETE CURRICULUM MODULE
Health-Food Frenzy Introduces students to the USDA Food Plate and asks them to measure and compare their school cafeteria and personal diets as well as play a fun game.
TARGET GRADE LEVEL: 3-5
• A complete digital curriculum
• Rate My Cafeteria worksheet and example
• Personal Food Journal and example
• Math problems: measuring, units and percentages
• All Printable pages
• A really fun game
COST AND SECURITY
• Free to use and share
• No In-App purchases
• No personal data collected
MEETS THE (CDC) CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION STANDARDS Grades 3-5
1.5.1 - Describe the relationship between healthy behaviors and personal health.
1.5.2 - Identify examples of emotional, intellectual, physical, and social health.
1.5.3 - Describe ways in which safe and healthy school and community environments can promote personal health.
1.5.4 - Describe ways to prevent common childhood injuries and health problems.
ACCOMMODATES THE FOLLOWING LEARNING STYLES:
• Visual (spatial):pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
• Verbal (linguistic): speech and writing.
• Physical (kinesthetic): touch - interactivity.
• Logical (mathematical): logic, reasoning and systems.
• Social (interpersonal): group learning.
• Solitary (intrapersonal): self-study.
ABOUT THE CREATORS
Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University partnered with Kenowa Hills Public Middle Schoolers and science teachers to create this media as part of the EPIC project. The Development (coding) for the Fast Food Frenzy game was powered by the the KCAD Framework created by Digital Concierge.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON:
• MAC desktop and laptop computers - all browsers
• PC desktop and laptop computers: all browsers
• iPad and Android tablets using the Photon Web Browser (Game Only)
• Google Play store (search: Health Food Frenzy)(Game Only)
• iTunes Store (search: Health Food Frenzy)(Game Only)
• EPIC media: www.epicsite.org