A Chrome extension for recording browser interaction and generating Puppeteer & Playwright scripts
Headless recorder is a Chrome extension that records your browser interactions and generates a Puppeteer or Playwright script.
Writing Puppeteer & Playwright scripts for scraping, testing and monitoring can be tricky. A recorder / code generator can be helpful. This extension has the following features:
- Record clicks, input events etc.
- Record screenshots.
- Pause the recording when navigating.
- Monitor recorded events.
- Export to Puppeteer code.
- Tweak the settings of the generated code.
- Click the icon and hit Record.
- Hit TAB after you finish typing in an input element.
- Click links, inputs and other elements.
- Wait for full page load on each navigation.
- Click Pause when you want to navigate without recording anything. Hit Resume to continue recording.
This extension is actively developed. More events and actions will be added in later versions.