A Chrome extension for recording browser interaction and generating Puppeteer & Playwright scripts
Headless Recorder is a popular open-source Chrome extension to easily generate Playwright/Puppeteer scripts without coding 🚀
The free extension makes writing Playwright/Puppeteer scripts way easier. It records your browser interactions and auto-generates the code. This is super useful for creating:
👉 E2E test scripts
👉 Web scraping scripts
👉 Synthetic monitoring scripts
Headless Recorder features:
- Record clicks, input events, etc.
- Record screenshots.
- Pause the recording when navigating.
- Identify elements from the overlay.
- Monitor recorded events.
- Export to Puppeteer code or to [Checkly](https://www.checklyhq.com/)
- Tweak the settings of the generated code.
- Light and dark mode
How to use it:
- Click the icon and hit Record.
- Hit TAB after you finish typing in an input element.
- Click links, inputs and other elements.
- Wait for full page load on each navigation.
- Click Pause when you want to navigate without recording anything. Hit Resume to continue recording.
This extension is actively developed. More events and actions will be added in later versions.
check https://checklyhq.com/headless-recorder/. If you have feedback and/or want to contribute have a look at https://github.com/checkly/headless-recorder.