Use your Mouse or Stylus to smoothly pan web pages, bringing Photoshop Hand Tool to the web!
Refresh tab after installing to activate the extension on that tab.
Default For Windows users: Press and Hold Right Mouse and drag to pan.
Default For Ubuntu users: Press and Hold Middle Mouse and drag to pan (It's a Chrome issue that made right mouse button unusable for panning in Ubuntu).
For Stylus users: It's recommended to setup the button on your stylus to be Ctrl Key and use that button to activate panning.
See Options page for more detail. (After installation, Right Click on this extension's icon, then click Options)
1.4.0 - 18/10/2017
- Fix issue with Chrome 61+.
- Fix extension's auto reload mechanism when extension update.
*Since emitting custom Wheel Event no longer has any effect on scrolling, the extension now falls back to update element.scrollTop & scrollLeft directly, which might cause layout issues with certain websites while scrolling.
*As you might have noticed, this extension also no longer works with chrome's pdf reader. After an update some time ago, Chrome's pdf readers has started to run within a hidden internal extension window and there seems to be no way for other extension to manipulate scroll position of that window.
1.3.0 - 19/12/2014
- Add Left Mouse Support with Ctrl/Command.
- Add grab icon for activation by Ctrl/Command + Mouse.
- Fix scroll speed on pdf.
- Fix bug with Ctrl/Command scroll.
1.2.5 - 19/10/2014
- Fix Initialization Bug on Linux / Mac. Change default activation to Middle Mouse.
1.2.2 - 19/10/2014
- Fixed Chrome 38 new API issue.
1.2.1 - 6/11/2013
- Fixed some critical bugs
- New icons
- Browser action now displays activation button (Mouse and/or Control key)
1.2.0 - 4/11/2013
- Stabilized scrolling speed
- Fixed issues with PDF and Flash scrolling
1.1.6 - 2/11/2013
- Now can use this on some web PDF reader!
- Fixed various layout issues
1.1.5 - 26/10/2013
- Fixed default behavior for Ubuntu & Mac users
1.1.4 - 25/10/2013
- Natural sliding and friction
- Scroll on all layers
- Speed setting, Activation keys
- Sync setting and options across tabs
- Natural Sliding and Frictions.
- There is Option page to change settings.
- Settings syncs across tabs.
- Turn On and Off easily by clicking on Extension Icon.
Hand Tool for Google Chrome makes scrolling any webpage similar to:
- Pdf Readers
- Photoshop Hand Tool
- Google Map Panning Hand
- Scrolling a smart phone...
- Grab-and-Drag extension on Firefox
This extension wasn't built to replace other Chrome's default scrolling methods. Instead, it's a complement.
Some website may not be compatible with the extension, you can quickly turn it on or off by left clicking at the extension icon.
This extension work best with Mouses, Stylus-enabled Touchpads like Wacom products, Laptop Touchpad (only in case it doesn't provide panning by default).
This extension is NOT built for Touch Screen or MacOS mouses. If you are using a Touch Screen, consider using Chrome's native touch screen support instead.