Hacker News improve user experience experiment.
If you would like to suggest something
Featured on Mashable! http://mashable.com/2010/12/01/improve-hacker-news-ui/
0. fixed bugs + updated for Google Extensions Manifest v2
1. Shows About in a tooltip when mouse over any username.
2. Splits Hacker News main page in two columns (left: news, right: newest)
3. When clicking on discussion/comments the page loads on the right column.
- Remembers the last viewed comments page on the right
column, when returning from a clicked page (if not a new tab).
4. The comment/reply is sent dynamically, without needing page refresh.
5. "More" is loaded dynamically in the same page for New/Newest
20/1/2011 Fixed a bug with a Newest content RegExp that made it look empty.
Added: Feature 5
Fixed: Now XHR requests happen in queue, to avoid not loading in case of simultaneous request.
Per the request of http://news.ycombinator.com/user?id=sathyabhat, the reply now happens dynamically too.
Added sliding the page to the top, after comments page for a story has loaded.
Per the request of http://news.ycombinator.com/user?id=trotsky, the timer for the user pop-up has been increased to avoid being shown by accident.