Adds a copy button to each GTM Preview window dataLayer card, for copying data in specific formats.
Shows a small clipboard icon in the GTM Preview window dataLayer cards when moused-over so that the data can be copied in the following formats:
- Text (exactly as shown in the card)
- JSON (creates a valid equivalent JSON object)
- DL.push (creates an example dataLayer push to output the same data)
- Excel (tab delimited so that it can be copied into a 2-column Excel table)
Change the copy type by clicking on the Extension icon in the toolbar.
Some known issues:
- If the Preview Pane loads for a site in an iframe, the clipboard button doesn't appear.
- The copy type pop-up window looks ugly as s**t.
- Fix the above issues.
- Make the icon become "enabled" when the extension loads successfully, something which is currently indicated by a console log.