Route Chrome's desktop notifications through Growl on your Mac or PC
Route Chrome's desktop notifications through Growl on your Mac or PC.
By routing through Growl, you can choose the display used, forward notifications to other computers and devices (including your phone), and set other preferences to customize your experience.
Check out a video of the extension in action at: http://screenr.com/LfA
Win: Growl for Windows v2.0.8 or higher
Mac: Growl v1.3.1 or higher
This extension only re-routes plain-text notifications. Notifications that contain HTML are still handled by Chrome.
v1.1.1 contains the following fixes:
- no longer compiled in Debug mode for Windows
v1.1.0 contains the following fixes:
- replaced Flash connector with NPAPI connector
- fixes issue with sites that use dynamic <iframe> tags
- better handling of notifications that fire as the page is still loading
- better performance since the plugin is only loaded once, not on every page
NOTE: Since this extension uses an NPAPI plugin to actually communicate with Growl it is marked as having 'all data on your computer and the websites you visit', though no computer access is actually required and no personal files or data is used in any way.