Enable mediakeys when on Grooveshark but also from other tabs.
This extension allow you to use your Keyboard Multimedia Keys with Grooveshark, from the tab itself, from the other tabs but also if Grooveshark is in a separeted window (like a Web App).
Remember that Chrome MUST HAVE ALWAYS focus over it to properly work, but a way to use it also when it's blur is on work. Just be patient..
This extension is opensource and MIT licensed.
- 0.7: updated to work with the NEW version of Grooveshark + old one (all automatic) and fixed keyboard shortcuts (now they work again).
- 0.6: updated to work with latest versions of Chrome.
- 0.5: Fixed to work with the latest version of Grooveshark. Updated to jQuery 1.6.1.
- 0.4: Added option page: now you can configure your own shortcut keys. By default they're set like the previous versions. Changed also the icon of the extension.
- 0.3: Refixed shortcuts. Not they're like before but you have to press also Ctrl+Alt keys (ex. Ctrl+Alt+C = play/pause)
- 0.2: Added Winamp shortcuts for Linux and Mac OS X users (c = play/pause, x = previous, b = next)
- 0.1: First initial version
IF YOU USE DEEZER
ABOUT THE BUG
Sorry guys but i didn't notice that the extension was not working anymore. I realized only today about this and i'm really sorry if didn't work until today. The bug was NOT related to Chrome version (you can use anyone you like from stable to dev) but to Grooveshark itself. Anyway, if this is going another time to break, please contact me and send me a message, or leave a comment into the blog. Thanks and enjoy Grooveshark Mediakeys Reloaded :)
ABOUT THE PERMISSIONS
I read that some of you was asking why i'm asking the permission to view all your history. Well, sincerly i'm not needing it at all, but Chrome asks for them if i want to make the extensions work from tabs. I'm NOT collecting anything as i'm not neither read what are you visiting to. I'm only looking at tabs (and windows) to find Grooveshark and send multimedia commands to it, that's all.
You can find more information about this at http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/tabs.html