Over a hundred multi-subject educational games for 5 - 12 year olds. Children have fun while learning in our BAFTA winning app!
Education is one of the most important things in a young person's life and this app provides access to a selection of our games for absolutely free with the option to purchase a full member licence.
"We take as our starting point the principle of educational constructivism, which says that real, deep learning comes when the learners become motivated to find out things for themselves, rather than having lessons implanted by rote."
At GridClub our goal is to inspire children to learn. We combine education and entertainment and provide a multi-subject learning adventure for 5 - 12 year olds. We have over 500 games, activities and videos, spent over $6 million on content and won many awards, including a BAFTA, confirming our educational quality.
GridClub contains resources that cover English, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography, Design & Technology, Art & Design, Music, Personal & Social Education, Physical Education, ICT (Information & Communication Technology), Citizenship and Languages (French, Spanish & EAL).
In broad terms the site will develop the following:
· Literacy – with fiction and non fiction texts; word and sentence level activities
· Numeracy – mental maths, number, fractions, shape, space, measure and handling data
· ICT – use of the computer, creating and sharing information, and databases
· Creativity – making stories, music, art, designing and experimenting
· Environmental education – at local, national and international levels
· Citizenship – respect and tolerance, health and lifestyle issues
· Humanities – history and geography
· Science & Technology – science curriculum, design & technology
· Second language skills – French, Spanish, English (EAL)
Some of our games:
In Comma Castle asking the English questions right gets you closer to retrieving the diamond, but answer too many wrong and you might find yourself face to face with a fire breathing dragon.
Art Factory, which gives you the chance to create paintings either in your own style or that of famous artists (from LS Lowry to Jackson Pollock, and Pablo Picasso to Andy Warhol).
In Radius of the Lost Arc they can expect to be snapped up by crocodiles and deluged by red-hot lava if they get their mathematical measurements wrong.
Working On A Market Stall. Looked at one way, this is a simple test of mental arithmetic aimed at children. Looked at another way, it is a little away day excursion into the imagination, in which you play at running a business in the grown-up world, with a bit of maths and customer service thrown in.