Gravit Designer is a full featured free vector design app right at your fingertip.
This update is all about critical bugfixes and bringing some long-requested features from the community to our application. Talking to our users is still our highest good in improving Gravit Designer, and we made sure to listen carefully. Although we concentrated on optimizations and “under-the-hood” changes, you will also find some unexpected additions in this release.
The top new features
- EPS import.
- Improvements to the welcome screen.
- Enhanced Windows installer and Portable version.
- Portuguese translation.
- Beta version at https://designer-beta.gravit.io.
- Ability to change your user data.
- New “Edit” option (and Enter to go into Edit mode).
- Improved precision.
- Better vector-point-snapping.
- Temporary switch from the Pen to the Subselect tool (and other tools).
- Unified resizing behavior of borders, corners, and clipped shapes.
- Improvements to line endings.
- Performance, performance, performance!
Other notable improvements
- Panning on the Canvas with the middle-mouse-button.
- Horizontal scrolling with Shift and the mouse-wheel.
- Delete layers with both the the Del and Backspace key.
- The show state of the Layers panel and Inspector is remembered.
- Guidelines are enabled the moment the rulers are shown to prevent confusion.
- When importing files, the real file name is shown instead of “Untitled.”
- Both the Swatches colors and “Make Exportable” are scrollable.
- Changed the default theme to “Dark.”
- Extended the “Help” menu so that it‘s even easier to contact us and get support.
- Multiple elements can be flipped at once.
- The threshold to resize the Layers panel has been increased.
- Holding Alt while clicking on a Swatch color selects all elements with a similar color and makes them blink for a while.
- Optimized the selection box in the Transform tool when altering elements and enabled the rotation point to be included into “smart duplicate.”
- Updated the included Web Fonts so that they are in sync with Google Fonts again.
And a ton of bugfixes.
Please read more at https://medium.com/gravitdesigner/back-from-the-dead-gravit-designer-3-3-360b38c08127.