Interact with mathematical expressions you find on Wikipedia or other webpages.
Graspable Math lets you turn static mathematical expressions into dynamic objects!
Use our full-size app at https://graspablemath.com/canvas or this sidebar extension. Both allow you to drag most static math expressions from Wikipedia or many other pages onto the canvas to make them interactive.
Our dynamic algebra notation is backed by research from Indiana University Bloomington and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Use this extension to open a sidebar that lets you work on any algebra on the page. After you drag and drop formulas into the sidebar or enter them directly, you can then interact with the terms to create algebraic derivations. Drag and drop from other pages than Wikipedia might or might not work. Contact us about adding support for your favorite page!
– drag text and Wikipedia images of math expressions into the sidebar to make them interactive
– interact with expressions using mouse gestures: https://graspablemath.com/tutorial/
– move whole derivations around by picking them up on their margin
– pack and unpack lines of a derivation by dragging their handles up and down
– copy a line of a derivation by dragging its handle to the side and dropping it on a free space
– substitute values by dragging one side of an equation onto matching targets
Why does this extension need access to all my tabs?
This is necessary to add the GM sidebar into the current page when you press the GM extension button. Nothing happens unless you press the GM button and we do not gather information about the content of the page.
- update to GM version 2.23.9 (new math actions, many fixes)
- fixes dragging math expressions onto the sidebar
- update to GM version 2.3.3 (new fraction gestures, better target visualizations, many bugs fixed)
- better login flow when saving your work (no need to log into Chrome)
- updated to lastest GM version 2.1.6: now shows where to place picked up terms
- new saving, loading and sharing menus, connected to your https://graspablemath.com/canvas account
- added a how-to video for the sidebar to the help menu
- update to Graspable Math version 1.0.2
- new substitution system, more control over when to trigger algebra actions, and much more
- replaced input field with insert menu + math keyboard
Privacy note: We are using google analytics and our own server to record anonymous usage data that helps us improve Graspable Math and this extension.