Easily paste grades into iSams Mark Books + make links clickable in Learning Support Reports
GradesPaster for iSams Mark Book (GradesPaster for short) enables you to paste grades into an iSams Mark Book. No more endless clicking and selecting each grade individually! Now you can copy a column of grades from your source (Google Sheets, Excel, or similar) and paste them all at once into a mark book.
I created GradesPaster extension after I had to start using Mark Books in iSams and discovered there was no built-in copy-paste functionality. The idea of having to click thousands of times to enter all the grades for reports did not sit well with me, so I made this extension. Hope it makes your life as a teacher a little easier, too!
The extension loads automatically (can be turned off on the Options page - see below) on iSams Mark Book pages when in 'editing' mode. Currently it only lets you paste one column of grades at a time. On the very first paste, Google Chrome will prompt you to 'allow isams.cloud website to access your clipboard' - make sure to click "Allow", or you won't be able to paste grades!
GradesPaster for iSams Mark Book does not require any special permissions beyond knowing when you are on isams.cloud website. No personal user data is collected by this extension. Enjoy!
- NEW: On LS and G&T Report print preview pages, converts URLs in Notes field into clickable links - now LS admins can put a link to a shared Google Doc into student Notes, instead of having to upload a document, and re-upload every time it is updated!
- NEW: now also works in new iSams user interface!
- On iSams Mark Book page with Mark Book is 'edit' mode, lets you copy/paste grades from external source (Google Sheet, MS Excel, or similar)
- Loads automatically (can be disabled in Options - see below)
- Simple guided user interface
- Grades can be pasted into mark book one column at a time (for now)
- Basic data validation built-in:
* Checks that number of grades being pasted matches the number of students in the mark book
* Checks that values being pasted match the grade values accepted in the column being pasted into
- Enable/disable automatic loading of GradesPaster for iSams Mark Book on mark book pages in iSams
To access GradesPaster's Options, right-click on the extension's icon in the Chrome toolbar and select 'Options'.
When automatic loading is disabled, you can still manually start GradesPaster on a mark book page by right-clicking on the mark book and selecting 'GradesPaster for iSams Mark Book' item.
**HELP & SUPPORT**
Please report any issues with GradesPaster for iSams Mark Book on the project's Issues page on GitHub: https://github.com/azadisaryev/iSamsMBP/issues