A Chrome extension for interacting with GPT API
This is an extension that you can use to summarise pages on the web using GPT API and further ask questions about the page. To use you need to generate your own Open AI API key (https://platform.openai.com/account/api-keys be aware that this does cost money to use).
The extension works together with the web page: https://chat.lit.codes to get the token (so you have to use the https://chat.lit.codes/options page to set the token for this extension to work. Also the (end-to-end encrypted) history of the page summaries end up in that web page.
Please note that neither this extension nor the web page store any personal information from your side. The token you set is only saved locally in Chrome, and the chat history (although saved on the backend side) is end-to-end encrypted using your API token, therefore it's impossible for us to restore the chat history for you if you lose your API key (so please make sure you've saved the API token in a safe place if you care about your chat history), read more in https://chat.lit.codes/privacy-and-security
See the source code here: https://github.com/aminmarashi/gpt-api-companion
- Support for GPT3.5 16K token size for better contexts
- Remove "summerizing" title from history
- Fix the bug that caused the summariser to randomly stop
- The options are separated into their own page, so the extension now needs to redirect to the options page to get the API token
- End-to-end encryption of the history
- Support for GPT-4
- Spinner animation
- A minimal chat with the GPT-3.5 model
- Ability to summarise selected text or an entire page