Ease the use of Jira with this plugin extending the fabulous 1click-webpage-screenshot
With this extension, inspired by bugherd, you'll be able to supercharge your Jira :
- Take a screenshot from your web page
- Paste a screenshot from another browser or desktop app
Once done, you can :
- add arrows
- Highlight content
- Add circles or squares to emphasize areas of your screenshot
- crop a region
- Add text
After this step, you'll be able to :
- Save your content as a jpg
- Print it
- Copy it to clipboard
- Create a Jira Ticket !
For the Jira ticket, just select the Jira project, enter a summary + a description and you're good to go :
- A new ticket will be created including your summary, and your description will be appended with the screenshot + url of the page + the user-agent infos
SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Authentication on your Jira server
There were 2 options to authenticate a user on its Jira server :
1. Use the Jira rest Api directly from the client
2. Use the Jira oauth 3LO app authent
I've started to use the 3LO with quite success, using `passport-atlassian-oauth2` : This library simplifies the way you authenticate the user through the oauth2 dance. But this solution led me to a sort of dead end : I was able to get a token for creating Jira tickets in the name of the user, but where to put the token ? Save it in a database ?
As I use `up` to create serverless apps, I didn't want to take this longer path. So I gave up to select the option 1.
Use the Jira rest Api directly from the client
As you may know, Jira doesn't enforce CORS policy for browsers, so I've been obliged to use `cors-anywhere` the excellent proxy workaround: https://github.com/Rob--W/cors-anywhere
I've setup this server through `up` and here we are. It's now possible to interact with Jira from the browser !
So be comfortable with this extension, I don't intercept anything, don't keep any data, I don't look at anything except clicks on the extension's button (see below).
Please, as this extension is free, I'd highly appreciate :
- That you 'pay' me with a note and a comment so that I can know your satisfaction (or not) and improve my extension
- That you share your satisfaction (if any) on your preferred social network :)
- That you just ping me on my twitter account (gregorybesson) if you want to give me your feedback