Gopher for Chrome allows Chrome device data to be imported, filtered, analyzed. Update, deprovision, or disable/enable from Sheets.
Gopher for Chrome is an Add-on for Google Sheets that allows for Chrome device data to be imported, filtered, analyzed, and bulk-updated using Google Sheets.
Examples of the kinds of activities that you can perform with Gopher for Chrome:
- Bulk MOVE OU for Chrome devices from filtered Sheet rows.
- Bulk DISABLE / RE-ENABLE Chrome devices from filtered Sheet rows.
- Bulk DEPROVISION Chrome devices from filtered Sheet rows.
- Bulk EDIT annotated fields such as Asset ID, Location, User, or Notes from filtered Sheet rows.
- Import CSV data directly from inventory or asset management systems containing your Chromebook Serial Numbers and metadata like assigned user, location, or notes.
- Run reports to show all usage session activity for a single device or user, which can be useful when tracking down causes of damage.
- Use a barcode scanner to inventory a Chromebook cart and import all device data into the Sheet to analyze and perform bulk updates on device metadata or org units.
- Analyze average device usage, % utilization, and last policy refresh by organizational unit.
- Set reports to auto-refresh every 24 hours and build longitudinal datasets or live dashboards showing daily device usage up to the last 60 days. Share Sheets with other stakeholders (like principals, superintendents, tech integrators) to give a window into device utilization.
- Use our published Partner Connectors to allow auto-refreshing Sheets reports to feed gorgeous Google Data Studio dashboards. See https://amplifiedlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003253153
- Report on model number and end-of-life date across your domain, and by organizational unit.
- Quickly look up and update a single device by serial number, asset id, or assigned user.
- Filter devices by make, model, partial serial number, mac address, or Chrome OS build for the purposes of inventory and upkeep.
- Identify under-utilized devices or devices with incorrect policies and settings by monitoring Chrome OS update state and/or last sync date in different org units.
- Monitor auto-update state of devices by comparing reported Chrome version with latest Chrome version available (by device model).
- Can accommodate delegated admin users with OU-restricted access roles. See https://amplifiedlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/226577747