View data on your AdSense, Ad Exchange, and DoubleClick for Publishers ads and accounts, and block unsuitable ads on your site.
Whether you're using AdSense, Ad Exchange or DoubleClick for Publishers, with the Google Publisher Toolbar you can view information on each of your Google ads, block unsuitable creatives, and see an account overview, all while browsing your own site.
The Google Publisher Toolbar adds an overlay to each of your Google ads, which provides some basic information about the ad, including its size, display URL and the advertiser name. Clicking on the overlay generates an Ad Details pop-up with more detailed data including:
• A link to the ad’s landing page, allowing for safe clicks.
• Summary reporting on the ad unit including performance metrics, such as clicks, RPM and estimated revenue.
• The buyer name.
• The display URL.
From the Ad Details pop-up, you can also take action on an unwanted creative to block the ad, the URL or the ad network, or send feedback to Google.
Clicking on the Google Publisher Toolbar icon generates the Account Overview pop-up that provides a helpful summary including:
• An estimated account earnings summary for today, yesterday, this month or last month.
• The top five channels or top five sites in descending order of revenue for today, yesterday, 7 days, this month and last month.
With the Google Publisher Toolbar, you get an easily accessible account overview and enhanced insight into the ads on your page, together with the ability to manage creatives, without ever leaving your site.
New in 5.0.5
- DFP line item rate: The "ad details" view and the exported file now include the DFP Line Item rate.
New in 5.0.4
- Export ad details: The "ad details" view now includes a convenient link to export all details associated with an ad into a single downloadable HTML file.
New in 5.0.2
- Support for multiple AdExchange accounts: if you manage multiple AdExchange accounts you can pick the desired account from the account overview.
New in 5.0.1
- Support for "Rules" for AdExchange publishers: AdExchange publishers can now see the winning bid rule for a given impression.
New in 5.0
- Analytics integration functionality displayed in the account overview, providing up-to-date insights on site performance, visitor behavior, demographics and traffic sources. You can access this new data directly from your pages when viewing them on Chrome. More information can be found in our Help Center: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6050497
New in 4.3.0
- 'Ads on this page' section added to the Account Overview popup, providing a summary of all Google ads. Scroll to a specific ad by clicking on the bullseye icon or open an "Ad Details" window directly from the popup.
New in 4.2.1
- Improved support for DART and GPT tags.
- Minor bug fixes and additional error messages.
New in 4.2.0
- Full support for DoubleClick for Publishers tags including GPT, SRA and DART, excluding legacy GAM tags
- Ability to log in to AdSense, AdExchange and DFP accounts simultaneously
- Ability to switch between AdSense and AdExchange account overviews
- Icons for AdSense, AdExchange and DoubleClick for Publishers identifying signed-in status
- Accounts, Sites and Help links moved to the new Settings menu
- Increased prominence of Ad Overlays toggle
- Headings added to the Ad Inspector to distinguish information sources
New in 4.1.1
- Improved overlay experience for sub-domains
- Minor UI and usability fixes and improvements, including error message when extension has not initialized
New in 4.1.0:
- AdSense lifetime revenue is back!
- Added support for timezone reporting
- Toggle to enable/disable overlays
- Miscellaneous bug fixes, improvements to authentication and minor UI improvements
New in 4.0.6:
- Display of the Ad Exchange ad network when applicable.
New in 4.0.4:
- We recently enabled ad overlays on all pages across the Web with the Toolbar, but heard your feedback that you'd prefer to control the sites where the overlays appear. We've now brought back the Settings page, where you can enter the sites on which to enable ad overlays. Unfortunately, previously-entered settings can't be restored, but to help you get started, when you sign in for the first time after downloading or upgrading the Toolbar to v4.0.4, we populate the "Sites authorized to show ad overlays" list with some of the top sites associated with your account. You can access and edit this list at any time by clicking on the gear icon in the Toolbar.
- Toolbar icon now indicates signed in/signed out status.
New in 4.0:
- Complete visual refresh of the account overview, Ad Details window and ad overlays
- Improved authorization mechanisms to address reported sign-in issues
- Display of ad network in the Ad Details window
- Ability to block by ad buyer from the Ad Details window
- New field for feedback comments
- Miscellaneous small bug fixes