Always stay connected with the new desktop app for Hangouts.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group.
* Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
* Say more with photos, videos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
* Keep in touch with friends across Android, iOS, and the web, and sync chats across all your devices.
* Message friends anytime, even if they’re offline.
* Snooze your notifications so you can respond later.
* See what you chatted about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
* Keep a record of any conversation for just a short period of time by turning history off.
* Connect your Google Voice account to make calls, send and receive SMS, and access your voicemail.
Hangouts Chrome app:
* Use Hangouts and get notifications as you move from tab to tab in Chrome, or even without a Chrome window open.
* Position Hangouts anywhere on your screen, even if you have more than one monitor. Keep conversations in a single window or pop out the important ones.
* View and continue your conversations across devices.
* Get notifications just once. After you see an alert, it’ll be removed on other devices.
* Unlike the Chat for Google app, Hangouts doesn’t support “invisible status”.
* Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply.