Get a sustainability grade calculated for visited websites, and see estimations of the amount of energy & CO2 produced on page load.
I love the internet, as we all do, but it does consume roughly 1 percent of global energy.
Globemallow was created to help designers and developers build websites using more sustainable development practices.
Everybody can make a change that affects energy consumption of the internet. Follow internet design best practices, and try to push for your organization to standardize on them.
Help Fight Climate Change:
* Become more aware of your internet browsing
* Discover how pages you browse can be optimized from a sustainable development stand point.
What our reports show:
* Try to only use external font libraries when absolutely necessary
* Ensure images are being lazy-loaded on your site
* Try reducing image byte size when possible, or reduce the amount of images altogether
* Amount of cookies implemented on a page
* The list goes on....
* Globemallow uses the US Academic Grading System.
** A+ for a good sustainability website, F for websites that could use a little work
Built on Open Source:
Energy consumption estimations are supplied by The Shift Project: https://github.com/carbonalyser/Carbonalyser
* None of your data is collected: browsing data is analyzed directly on the user's device and is not sent or processed anywhere else, or in any way.
* We use Chrome APIs to view network statistics to calculate your score.
Other Organizations doing some great things in this space you should check out:
* Send any feedback, or ask questions using the email address under "Contact the Developer" link.
* If you are interested in helping this to become my fulltime gig then feel free to donate at https://ko-fi.com/globemallow - thanks. I hope you like it!
* This extension may not work with security extensions installed. If report remains blank except for Green Hosting- it means a security extension is restricting Globemallow's algorithms.
Keep checking back in for continuous updates.