Gif Delayer delays playing gifs until they are fully downloaded.
Gif Delayer solves one of the dumbest first-world problems by hiding all gifs until they have fully loaded. Never again will you have to see stuttering gifs that start playing before being fully downloaded. And you will no longer have to wait until a gif loops to see the beginning.
- display gif's total size while loading when available
- fix bug preventing standalone gifs from ever loading
- fix bug overriding default gif styling on certain websites
- fix bug preventing gifs from loading on Wolfram Alpha
- more efficient loading hooks
- remove cruft from package (moving common code to submodule for FF/Safari releases)
- added css spinner to loading text
- remove absolute positioning from loading text
- show gif if any errors
- clean up code
- log messages to console
- use all_urls for injection matching
- Tracks loaded and loading gifs to reduce duplicate resource requests if gif already cached for the page
- Should not hide buttons in GMail - not working 100%, sometimes navigation buttons still hidden until you hover them, or scroll the page
- Handle gifs added to the DOM after initial load properly.
- Works with Hover Zoom