Integrate Google Drive™ documents to Geocaching.com to enhance notes
2020-01-14 Issues should be fixed, unfortunately with less functionality because of increased browser security.
2020-01-01 I AM AWARE THAT GEOCACHING.COM CHANGED THEIR WEBSITE, AND THE EXTENSION MIGHT NOT WORK AS EXPECTED. I'll look into it!
This extension will fully integrate a Google Document into Geocaching.com. This way you can make advanced notes for puzzles and multies.
You can create a new document from the Geocache page itself in geocaching.com with a single click! You can use (styled) long text, tables, images, just like in Office. You can make use these on the go, with an internet connection, or even make them available offline with the Google Drive app.
It will automatically create a folder named "Geocaching" inside your Google Drive.
The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is a registered trademark of Groundspeak, Inc (http://www.groundspeak.com). Used with permission.
I do not have any relation with Geocaching.com and do not work at Geocaching.com! Also have no relation with Google!
22.214.171.124 | 2020-01-14
- Fixed the problems with duplicate loading etc.
- Unfortunately removed preview and inline editing because of increased browser security.............
126.96.36.199 | 2019-03-08
- Bumped version number to let other see it is still supported/working
188.8.131.52 | 2018-09-16
- Finally! I changed the [gdnoteid] tags to the real Google Drive URLs, this way you can easily open it in c:geo etc. :D (Why did nobody ever requested it!) :P
184.108.40.206 | 2018-08-11
- Fixes problems with Google Drive API (Thanks Warboel!)
- Changed some other inner workings
0.9.9.9 | 2018-04-10
- Compatibility with Geocaching.com Friends! extension
0.9.9.8 | 2018-03-19
- Fixed cutoff at 500 characters for geocaching.com personal note (Thanks again Locke!)
0.9.9.7 | 2018-02-21
- Hmm. Something went wrong in previous release, now again:
- Fix z-index for VIP list for Matthias Eckert (Thanks again Locke!)
0.9.9.6 | 2018-02-13
- Fix z-index for VIP list for Matthias Eckert (Thanks Locke!)
0.9.9.5 | 2018-02-12
- Adapt buttons to 'new' Geocaching design
- Fix mismatching geocache documents to be matched, partially matched (Thanks Locke!)
0.9.9.3 | 2015-07-13
- Button hover style same as Geocaching.com
0.9.9.1 | 2015-07-03
- Support Unicode for cache names
0.9.9.0 | 2015-05-15
- Use the same buttons as Geocaching.com's design
- Small layout fixes and improvements
- Removed Edit button, not that usefull and has a lot of usability issues, please use Inline Edit or Popout :)
- Add a line break before the standard Geocaching.com personal notes
- Add Remove background button for the annoying animated gif backgrounds
- Multiline Geocaching.com standard notes
- Be able to go back to Preview when Inline editing
- Inline edit > expand box
- Inline edit > white background
- Inline edit > panel draggable
- Removed unneeded permissions
- Removed adding of jQuery UI, now already used by Geocaching.com itself
- Extended errorhandling
- Other collapse / expand icon
- About icon
- Option to edit inline
- Option to collapse / expand
- Make extension work with old and new version of Geocaching.com
- Wait an extra second to make sure the Document exists when creating
- When gdnoteid was used, be able to create a document after it was deleted
- Adapt to Geocaching.com site changes
- Fixed timer bug
- Automatically add document id to Geocaching's Personal Note to speed up loading when there is already a document
- Fixed buttons click not always working
- Fixed creating new document when cache name contains special characters
- Added Popout button
- Renamed "Geocaching.com Google Drive™ Notes"
- Also fix when moving over the preview frame
- Renamed "Geocaching.com" to "GC.com"
- Fixed moving / resizing of Edit dialog
- Added shadow around the Edit dialog