Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) Emulator
Genecyst is a Chrome OS, Chromium OS emulator for the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive).
it is not distributed with game ROMs.
- Multiple save states and battery backed ram.
- Game Genie codes.
- Save snapshots.
- Wave output loggable.
- Shadow/highlighting effects.
- Interlaced modes.
- The emulation of the 6-button controllers is only a guess, but it seems to work for most games.
6-button Genesis controllers can be enabled from the Settings menu.
- Raster effect emulation is by default off because it's a bit buggy.
Raster effect can be enabled from the Settings menu.
Examples of games that need raster effects are: ToeJam & Earl, Ghouls'n Ghosts, Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.
The "Force display" menu option is only needed for a few games.
The "DMA fix" option fixes Mega man the Wiley wars.
- Added keyboard mapper.
- Added export log wave outputs.
- Added export snapshots.
- Added export cheats/patches.
- Added export save states.
- Added import cheats/patches.
- Added import save states.
- Added mantain 4:3 aspect-ratio on fullscreen setting.
- Added persistent saving of game status.
- Added multiplayer support up to two players.
- Added capability of saving/resetting synchronized emulator settings.
- Added fullscreen support for all 16:9/16:10 Chrome OS, Chromium OS resolutions (Max. Full HD).
- Added command help section.
- Added support for gamepad (Device detection only).
- Added video filters for a better image quality.
- Added menu for loading previously used ROMs.