This extension attempts to suppress implicit gender identity in the pages you visit.
# Gender Blinder
An open source browser extension to remove implicit gender from English language web pages.
## Known limitations
* Due to the ambiguous nature of language, removing gender from natural English cannot easily be done with 100% accuracy.
* Making gender specific words non-gender-specific is a lossy operation; information about the genders of characters being described is lost. This can make text more ambiguous.
* There is not a one-to-one mapping between English pronouns of different genders, so sometimes there are two possible substitutions i.e. "his" -> "her" OR "his" -> "hers".
* Not all gender specific words are covered.
* Sometimes words unrelated to gender get changed by accident. For example they may have a similar/identical spelling to a gender-specific word.
Source Code: https://github.com/peterwestmacott/genderblinder