Run the most popular games about strategy, warfare, cards, boardgames, arcade and action
This extension provides the 10 most popular desktop Linux games. We are open to include more if you send us a request via our webpage.
The games that can be run with this extension initially are:
- 0 A.D. Empires Ascendant is a free and open-source real-time strategy video game. It's a historically-based war/economy game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of twelve ancient civilizations, each depicted at their peak of economic growth and military prowess. The twelve factions are: Three of the Hellenic States (Athens, Sparta and Macedonia), two of the kingdoms of Alexander the Great's successors (Seleucids and Ptolemaic Egyptians), two Celtic tribes (Britons and Gauls), the Republican Romans, the Achaemenid Persians, the Iberians, the Carthaginians, and the Mauryan Indians. Each civilization is complete with substantially unique artwork, technologies and civilization bonuses.
- The Battle for Wesnoth is an open source, turn-based strategy game with a high fantasy theme. It features both singleplayer and online/hotseat multiplayer combat. Explore the world of Wesnoth and take part in its many adventures! Embark on a desperate quest to reclaim your rightful throne... Flee the Lich Lords to a new home across the sea... Delve into the darkest depths of the earth to craft a jewel of fire itself... Defend your kingdom against the ravaging hordes of a foul necromancer... Or lead a straggly band of survivors across the blazing sands to confront an unseen evil.
- Freeciv is a Free and Open Source empire-building strategy game inspired by the history of human civilization. The game commences in prehistory and your mission is to lead your tribe from the Stone Age to the Space Age.
- 90 Second Portraits is a silly speed painting game developed for Ludum Dare 31 Jam competition. Time is money and you have neither! In 90 SECOND PORTRAITS you’re paying the bills by speed painting portraits of bypassing customers! You have 90 seconds to paint the customer and his/her prefered background!
- Aisleriot — also known as sol or solitaire — is a card game application that features over 80 different solitaire-type card games which are designed to play using a mouse, keyboard, or trackpad.
- DreamChess is described as 'open source chess game featuring "Dreamer", a moderately strong engine. Any XBoard-compatible chess engine (Crafty & GNU Chess) will work for varying degrees of difficulty. Includes 3D OpenGL graphics and various board sets' and is a Chess app in the development category.
- KMahjongg is a fun board game created after the famous oriental game of Mahjong.
- KMines is a classic Minesweeper game. The idea is to uncover all the squares without blowing up any mines. When a mine is blown up, the game is over.
- Mr. Rescue is an arcade styled 2d action game centered around evacuating civilians from burning buildings. The game features fast paced fire extinguishing action, intense boss battles, a catchy soundtrack and lots of throwing people around in pseudo-randomly generated buildings.
- Sauerbraten is a free multiplayer & singleplayer first person shooter, the successor of the Cube FPS. Much like the original Cube, the aim of this game is fun, old school deathmatch gameplay and also to allow map/geometry editing to be done cooperatively in-game.