Yet another XBMC remote, compatible frodo and above.
Yet another XBMC remote
Easily take control of your XBMC installations.
Main features :
- Control all of your XBMC host from your computer,
- See what's currently playing,
- Get instant access to your XBMC's media library,
- Browse all your movies, tv shows and musics.
- Easy navigation through keyboard shortcuts
Available shortcuts :
- Arrows : Navigation
- Enter : Select
- Backspace : Return
- Space : Play/Pause
- End : Stop
- PageUp/PageDown : Volume up/down
- Ctrl+i : Show Info
- Ctrl+m : Mute
- Ctrl+o : Show OSD
Note : Please be sure to activate Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC on your XBMC host in System/Settings/Network/Services.
Important : Unlike other XBMC remote Foxmote relies on the XBMC's JSON-RPC API for communication with XBMC. Unfortunately for some users this may lead to conflicts with existing applications (see Incompatibility list). If you are concerned by this issue you will have to change the TCP port on which XBMC is listening to incoming JSON-RPC calls. This can be achieved like that :
- Create the file advancedsettings.xml (see XBMC wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml)
- Once created copy the following content in the file
- Restart XBMC
- Configure Foxmote to use the TCP port number 9093
Incompatibility list: Foxmote may not be working as expected if one of the following applications is installed on the computer running XBMC
-McAfee Web Gateway,
-Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox)