Gets the top food items from a restaurant's Google Reviews.
You want to order some new food at a restaurant and don't know what to order? Tired of scrolling through all the Google reviews to make a decision on what food to eat? If you answered yes to both questions, then Food Pulse is for you!
Currently, the extension support up to ~400 reviews, due to default aws-sdk timeouts. In a future iteration, we will be able to support more reviews (if enough people are interested in that).
Using Food Pulse (video):
Youtube link: https://youtu.be/Vvha9gB0FDs
Using Food Pulse (description):
1) Search "restaurants near me" on Google.
2) Click on any of the results which opens up a list of restaurants.
3) In the new search bar, search for the restaurant you want to get the top food items for.
4) Click on your restaurant.
5) Click on the "<Number of reviews> Google reviews"
6) Open up the Food Pulse Extension.
7) If everything was done correctly, you should see a "let's go already" button.
8) Click the button and wait patiently! Feel free to work in a new window while the results load. Do not change tabs or click outside of the popup while the extension is running!
Alleviating privacy concerns:
"Read and change your data on all google.com sites" - All we do is read the restaurant name on the page you want the Google reviews for.
"googleapis.com" - This is for using Google fonts and a JQuery CDN.
"Read your browsing history" - We in no way, shape, or form store any browsing history. When you use our extension on a particular restaurant, we only "read" the url to send to AWS Lambda for processing, or redirect you to our Github repo!
* Due to the complexity of the identifying the foods and the sentiment analysis, this is a proof of concept.