Focus on Youtube (autofocus), Dailymotion, Vimeo and many other video sites. Obscures the background with color or picture.
Obscure the background of video sites with a custom color or custom pictures.
Youtube has a feature called "Turn Lights Off" that makes everything dark but the video. However, that feature is only available on videos longer than 10 minutes in duration or popular ones.
So, with this extension you can have it no matter that fact and even on other sites too like Vimeo, Yahoo! Videos, MegaUpload, etc.
Just click the button to turn it OFF or ON.
- Youtube, Revision3, Atom.com, blip.tv, break.com, citytv.com.co, clickcaster.com
- dailymotion.com, engagemedia.org, flicker videos, globo.com, google videos
- iFilm -> Spike.com, twitvid.com, facebook.com, vids.myspace.com
- internet archive.org, metacafe, myvideo.de, ebaumsworld.com
- qik.com, revver, rutube.ru, sevenload, showmedo , share.ovi
- vmix, vreel divx, video.yahoo.com, youku.com, tu.tv
It also supports new youtube beta http://youtube.com/watch5?enable=1
Notice that on some of these sites the homepage maybe doesn't work because they are not mainly used for viewing videos. e.g. qikcom
Flash supported, for other sites like Facebook e.g.
1.7.3 Nov 03 - 2010
- Added button below Youtube videos.
1.7.2 Jan 31 - 2010
- Added an option to automatically fade when viewing a YouTube video (credits goes to pahappo from "Stop Youtube Autoplay" extension, thanks)
1.6.3 Jan 20 - 2010
- Added support for HTML5 video object on Youtube http://youtube.com/html5
- Added a feature for customizing the background image to show instead.
- Fixed the Options page on smaller resolutions.
1.6.2 Jan 09 - 2010
- Added support for many websites
- Allows you to show SWF files on any other site
- Fading animation
- Added shortcut to config page
1.5 Dec 22 - 2009
- Added Options page in order to change the opacity.
- Fixed a bug that causes to hide the player (flash 10.1 pre) while in http://www.youtube.com/user/.....
- Fixed Vimeo, now it works there correctly.
- Color picker.
If you see all black or nothing, you MUST Configure the opacity and color by going t