Simple end-to-end encryption to secure email and attachments on Google.
FlowCrypt (formerly CryptUp) adds a SECURE COMPOSE button to Gmail Inbox. This way, you can send PGP encrypted emails when you choose so.
- sets up in a few clicks
- send encrypted email and attachments to anyone
- receive encrypted email directly or through Encrypted Contact Page
- digital signatures
FlowCrypt lets you use PGP end-to-end encryption. Sources available at https://github.com/FlowCrypt/
There are a few ways how this encryption plugin stands out:
- Easy email encryption that just works.
- Anyone can use it. I am making sure to remove every single possible way that email encryption used to get confusing, so that more people can encrypt gmail or other email.
- You can send encrypted attachments. Of what use would this be if you couldn't encrypt attachments on gmail. If you want to encrypt files that you send on gmail, give FlowCrypt a try.
- As you compose encrypted message, and encrypted draft gets saved for your convenience. No more losing lengthy encrypted emails do to software bugs or internet connection.
- Encrypt email for anyone, whether they have FlowCrypt, other email PGP, or no encryption at all. If they don't have any encryption set up, you can encrypt your email or files with a password for them.
Whether you have struggled with other ways to encrypt gmail or you are trying gmail encryption for the first time, you will find this a very simple PGP solution.
PGP stands for Pretty Good Privacy it's the standard for secure email encryption. This gmail end-to-end encryption plugin lets you encrypt gmail messages anytime your email security and privacy matters, without having to think about it.
Current gmail encryption doesn't allow for the level of privacy that we should expect. We were waiting for official google end-to-end encryption adopted, to get the real secure Gmail as promised, but it is not happening. There were some google encryption efforts but they were never deployed and was not compatible with other email PGP encryption out there. That is why I created Crypt Up PGP plugin that lets you encrypt google email without needing to learn anything new. Separate GPG is is not required to run FlowCrypt - just add the extension and enjoy your newly secure email, allowing you to send that encrypted attachment or anything else you need in a secure way.
Email PGP encryption has been historically a very difficult area, which only a few people did because there was no easy PGP solution around. If you were asked for a Public Key or a PubKey so that others can encrypt messages for you, just install FlowCrypt and you will find your new Public Key in the settings.
Also, file encryption is fully supported. To encrypt attachment just open a compose window, add the recipients email, and attach a file. If they have encryption set up on their end, that's it - just send the encrypted email out. If they don't, you will be asked to protect the message with a password. They can then decrypt the message and files by following a link they get in their email. All encryption happens securely inside the browser, so that the messages are always encrypted in transit.
PGP or the OpenPGP is a standard for encrypted communication used by more than 10 million people. FlowCrypt is compatible with GPG, GnuPG, Enigmail, AirMail, mCrypt, MyCrypt, KryptoKit, Mailvelope, GPGTools (GPG Tools) and others. It is not fully compatible with Virtru and other encryption solutions that don't use PGP. Either way, you can still send them messages or encrypted files with a password, as you can send to anyone who doesn't have PGP set up.
This encryption extension is trusted by doctors (sending sensitive messages and files to patients), lawyers, web security companies, medical dispatchers, accountants and CPA's (sharing sensitive tax information with their clients), schools and many more. Most importantly, encryption is useful for regular folks who simply care about their privacy and sometimes want to send private email, just like me.
This encryption plugin also works with Inbox by Gmail. Please don't reply on google encryption anymore. This private email extension is also available for Firefox.
- support for Yahoo and Outlook email providers
- Android and iPhone mobile apps
- Windows, MacOS and Linux desktop apps
- Ethereum blockchain integrated as a Public Key Server
I am looking forward to your feedback, email me at email@example.com as I'm currently improving the plugin on a weekly basis (see "Updated" date below).