Simple end-to-end encryption to secure email and attachments on Google.
Simple end-to-end encryption to secure email and attachments in Google.
FlowCrypt adds a Secure Compose button to Gmail and G Suite. This way, you can send private PGP encrypted emails when you choose to.
- Sets up in a few clicks
- Send encrypted email and attachments to anyone
- Receive encrypted email directly or through Encrypted Contact Page
- Digital signatures
FlowCrypt lets you use PGP end-to-end encryption by generating a private and public key. Sources available at https://github.com/FlowCrypt/
There are a few ways this encryption plugin stands out:
- Easy email encryption that just works.
- Anyone can use it. We've worked to ensure every single way possible that email encryption can be confusing has been removed, so that more people can encrypt Gmail or other email.
- You can send encrypted attachments. Text files, powerpoint slides, excel documents, image files, any and all files and attachments can be sent privately. Of what use would an encryption plugin be if you couldn't encrypt attachments in Gmail. If you want file encryption in Gmail, let FlowCrypt encrypt files for you.
- As you compose an encrypted message, an encrypted draft gets saved for your convenience. No more losing lengthy encrypted emails due to software bugs or internet connection.
- Encrypt email for anyone, whether they have FlowCrypt, other email PGP, or no encryption at all. If they don't have any encryption set up, you can encrypt your email or files with a password.
- No understanding of cryptography needed. Don’t know what a public key is? You don’t need to know to secure your email with FlowCrypt. Power users with an existing public key are also served.
Whether you have struggled with other ways to encrypt Gmail or you are trying Gmail encryption for the first time, you will find this a very simple secure email solution thanks to PGP.
PGP stands for Pretty Good Privacy it's the standard for secure email encryption. This Gmail end-to-end encryption plugin lets you encrypt Gmail messages anytime your email security and privacy matters, without having to think about it.
Current Gmail encryption doesn't allow for the level of privacy that we should expect. We've been waiting years for Google to deliver on its end-to-end encryption promise for a secure Gmail, but they’ve shown no sign of following through with secure email. Google private email efforts never reached production and even in beta were not compatible with other email PGP encryption out there. That is why we created the FlowCrypt PGP plugin that lets you encrypt google email without needing to learn anything new. Separate GPG is is not required to run FlowCrypt - just add the extension and enjoy your newly secure email, allowing you to send that encrypted attachment or anything else you need in a secure way.
Email PGP encryption has been historically a very difficult area, which few people used because there was no easy PGP solution around. If you were asked for a Public Key or a PubKey so that others can encrypt messages for you, just install FlowCrypt and you will find your new Public Key in the settings.
Also, file encryption is fully supported. To encrypt an attachment just open a compose window, add the recipient's private email, and attach a file. If they have encryption set up on their end, that's it - just send the encrypted email out. If they don't, you will be asked to protect the message with a password. They can then decrypt the secure email and files by following a link they get in the email. All file encryption and email encryption happens securely inside the browser, so that the messages are always encrypted in transit.
PGP or the OpenPGP is a standard for encrypted communication used by more than 10 million people. FlowCrypt (formerly CryptUp) is compatible with GPG, GnuPG, Enigmail, AirMail, mCrypt, MyCrypt, KryptoKit, GPG4o, GPG4Win, Symantec PGP Desktop, Mailvelope, GPGTools (GPG Tools) and other OpenPGP software. It is not fully compatible with Virtru and other encryption solutions that don't use PGP. Either way, you can still send messages or encrypted files with a password, as you can send to anyone who doesn't have PGP set up.
This encryption extension is trusted by doctors (sending sensitive messages and files to patients), lawyers (using file encryption to share contracts and sending private emails to clients), web security companies (sending secure emails with user data), medical dispatchers, accountants and CPA's (sharing sensitive tax information with their clients), schools and many more. And of course, encryption is useful for regular folks who simply care about their privacy and sometimes want to send private email.
This encryption plugin also works with Inbox by Gmail. Please don't rely on google encryption anymore. FlowCrypt is the smoothest OpenPGP email solution. This private email extension is also available for Firefox.
- Support for Yahoo and Outlook email providers
- iPhone mobile app
- Android app available at https://flowcrypt.com/download
- Windows, MacOS and Linux desktop apps
Looking forward to your feedback! Email us at email@example.com as we're currently improving the plugin on a weekly basis (see "Updated" date below).